The winners of the 2021 Tempest Esports Business Awards have been decided! Check out the full list of winners below.
The 2021 Tempest Awards have now concluded! An esports gala night to remember, one that’s highlighted by a panel of industry judges voting on the movers and shakers of the industry. Unlike the Esports Awards, which in some cases is driven by popularity and doing big numbers, the Tempest Awards are purely peer-reviewed and are mostly focused on the business aspect of esports.
That’s not to say there weren’t some fan favorites taking home the W. 100 Thieves, FaZe Clan, XSET, and many more highlighted the awards show. Likewise, it was a big night for Riot Games as both the Valorant Championship Tour and League of Legends World Championship took home wins at the 2021 Tempest Awards.
Esports.gg will be publishing interviews with some of last night’s winners throughout the week and upcoming weekend, but for now, check out the list of winners from the event!
Full list of Tempest Award winners
- Best Collegiate/amateur/semi-pro Event – Level Next Fall Champions Series Featuring Madden Nfl 21
- Best Endemic Brand Activation – Fifa Faceoff
- Best Mobile Gaming Event/league – Call Of Duty Mobile Championship
- Best Production Of An Event – Apex Legends Global Series Championship – Electronic Arts
- Best Social Experience – Faze5 Open Recruitment Challenge
- Best Esports Activation On Twitch – Verizon “5g Wild Rift Invitational”
- Best Sports/sim Event/league – Nba 2k League
- Brand Of The Year – Gillette
- Collegiate Esports Partnership Of The Year – Twitch/cxmmunity – Hbcu Esports League
- Collegiate Esports Program Of The Year – Maryville University
- Diversity And Inclusion Initiatives – Super League Arena: Galentine’s Games
- Best Non-endemic Brand Activation (Campaigns/longterm) – Paysafecard Super Fan
- Esports Event Of The Year – 2020 League Of Legends World Championship
- Esports-themed Program/documentary – The Sims Spark’d – Electronic Arts
- Esports League/series Of The Year – Call Of Duty League
- Esports Team Of The Year – 100 Thieves
- Innovative Use Of Technology – Cisco & Riot Games At The 2020 League Of Legends World Championship & The 2021 Mid-season Invitational
- Innovator During The Covid-19 Pandemic – Esports Engine
- Licensing And Merchandise – Xset Ozuna Presents: Built 4 Play
- Marketer Of The Year – Brian Lancey – Mastercard
For all the latest in esports news, keep it locked here to Esports.gg.