“Everyone’s entitled to one good scare.”
Spooky season has finally arrived in Fortnite, and there is a lot to unpack. Fortnitemares 2023 offers Quests, in-game rewards, the return of Horde Rush mode, a cornucopia of new weapons, and collaborations that will make your head spin.
Here is everything you need to know about Fortnitemares 2023.
New weapons and items to enjoy in Fortnitemares 2023
Fortnitemares 2023 wouldn’t be complete without unique new weapons to use. This year introduces two new weapons and brings back some items from previous events to make the event more intriguing.
Wood Stake Shotgun
A Shotgun best used to defeat Kado Thorne at Eclipsed Estate. You can find this on the ground, in regular Chests, Rare Chests, and Holo Chests.
Thorne’s Vampiric Blade
A Mythic blade that you can only obtain by defeating the Thorne boss. It restores health while causing damage to opponents.
The classic Fortnite Rocket Launcher reskinned as a Pumpkin Launcher.
One of the best mobility items in Fortnite, which allows you to soar into the sky and cancel the flying animation to drop on unsuspecting enemies.
Fortnitemares 2023 needs candy, and that’s where Sanguine Sweets come in handy. You will find Candy Corn, Pepper Mints, Hop Drops, and Jelly Beans in candy buckets and other areas.
Michael Myers, Jack Skellington, and Alan Wake are coming to Fortnite
Michael Myers of the Halloween series has made his way into Fortnitemares 2023 alongside Alan Wake from the Alan Wake video game series and Jack Skellington from Disney’s The Night Before Christmas.
You can see what all three characters will look like below. However, they will not be available until later in the Fortnite Halloween event.
The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Jack Skellington Outfit with Santa Jack style
- Zero Back Bling
- Peppermint Parasol Pickaxe
- Jack’s Sled Glider
- Jack's Scary Face Emote
- Lock, Shock and Barrel's Tub Emote
- Michael Myers Outfit
- Alan Wake Outfit
Apart from these heavy hitters, here are some new skins set to make their Fortnite debut:
- Phantom Meowscles
- Festival Phaedra
Fortnitemares 2023: Quests and rewards
Various Fortnitemares 2023 Quests are now live in the game. You will receive XP toward your level progression and free rewards after completing a certain number of Quests. More Quests will become progressively available throughout the event.
Here is a complete list of Fortnitemares 2023 Quests and rewards:
- Complete 5 Fortnitemares Quests to earn the Bat Royale Back Bling and a Cat Banner Icon.
- Complete 15 Fortnitemares Quests to earn the Sweet! Emote, Phantasmic Fall Contrail, and Hypno-Bat Spray.
- Complete 25 Fortnitemares Quests to earn the Revenant Rider Glider, Within the Sanctum Loading Screen, and Rise of the Revenant Lobby Track.
The return of Horde Rush + Quests and rewards
Horde Rush is back for lovers of this limited-time mode (LTM) and those who have yet to try it. Players who enter can expect all the craziness, such as Cube Monsters and a wide selection of weapons.
The monsters arrive in waves until you reach the final boss. You can string combos together and will earn points toward your overall score.
Here is a list of the Quests and rewards:
- Complete 1 Horde Rush Quest to earn the The Murk Wrap
- Complete 4 Horde Rush Quests to earn the Heart-o-Lantern Emoticon
- Complete 7 Horde Rush Quests to earn the Batwing Bonespike Pickaxe.
Other notes from patch v26.30
- The Game Time, Icy Slide, and Rushing Reload Reality Augments have returned
- “Quick Weapon” action has been added in Beta for controller
- Support for Android OS9 is ending soon
- The Wood Stake Shotgun, Thorne’s Vampiric Blade, Pumpkin Launcher, Witch Broom, and Candy are not included in tournaments.
- The Game Time, Icy Slide, and Rushing Reload Reality Augments are not included in tournaments.
- Fixed an issue where trees were not rendering correctly.
- Exclamation marks will now clear above the Quests tab as intended.