Here’s how you could win a share of $50,000 playing Fortnite
The Creator League is putting the power into the hands of the gaming community, and with it comes the opportunity for members of the community to take part and play. It all starts with the Creator League Open Qualifier.
As part of Split 1 of the Creator League, there is an Open Qualifier, with anyone and everyone welcome to enter. The Open Qualifier will have a $50,000 prize pool and will run from September 8-10, 2023.
Sign up for the Creator League Open Qualifier $50k here to secure your spot to compete for the Open Qualifier prize and a spot in the Creator League.
What is the Creator League Open Qualifier?
The Creator League Open Qualifier is a point-race tournament, with players having to play on the brand-new bespoke custom Fortnite map that has been made specifically with the Creator League in mind. The Creator Coliseum will task teams of three players with taking on each other in non-traditionally Fortnite gamemodes.
These modes are:
- Hardpoint - King of the hill-style gameplay where teams need to be the first to reach 200 points, with each second holding the objective equalling one point.
- Oddball - Where there is a ball in the middle of the map that teams need to hold onto. Each second holding the ball equates to one point [need info on score limit]
- Capture the Flag - Each team has a flag inside their base. Retrieving the opposition's flag and returning it to your base scores you a point. Most points wins.
Players will get a point on the erena leaderboard for each round of matches that they win during the Creator League qualifier. Players will be encouraged to play as many rounds as possible during the qualifier.
What do you get for winning the Creator League Open Qualifier?
Winning the Open Qualifier will not be easy. There will be plenty of competition for players to take on during the Open Qualifier period from September 8-10.
The top-placed passholder from each of the eight communities will automatically earn those players a spot on the official Creator League roster for Split 1 for their respective teams. They will then be able to compete on the team of their favorite creator for the big prize in Creator League Split 1.
There is also a $50,000 prize for the Open Qualifier, which is available to everyone, regardless of whether you are a Creator League Community Pass owner or not.
The prize is available as follows:
- 1st: $10,000
- 2nd: $6,000
- 3rd: $5,000
- 4th: $4,000
- 5th: $3,000
- 6th: $2,500
- 7th: $2,000
- 8th: $1,500
- 9th: $1,000
- 10th: $750
- 11-15th: $500
- 16-20th: $450
- 21-25th: $350
- 26-30th: $300
- 31-35th: $250
- 36-40th: $200
- 41-50th: $150
- 51-75th: $100
If you are a Creator League passholder, you will get bonus score added onto your tally at the end of the event. This number of points will scale based on the number of passes that you currently own.
- 1 pass: 1.05x mulitplier
- 2 passes: 1.10x multiplier
- 3+ passes: 1.15x multiplier
This is just one of the many benefits that are available to Creator League passholders. The other benefits include:
- Votes on Rule Sets
- Votes and influence the roster draft for your chosen Creator
- Earning Prize Money from Winning teams
- Access to exclusive giveaways from partnered vendors
- Free box of MrBeast's Feastibles up until September 8
Creator League passes are available for just $19.99 and can be purchased at any time. Be quick, though, there are only a limited number available for each creator.