How to get access to the Counter-Strike 2 Beta
Here’s how you can get access to the Limited Beta for Counter-Strike 2.
Counter-Strike 2 is in the Limited Test beta phase allowing only a few players to test out the game. While Valve has been gradually increasing the number of players in the Beta, it is still not open for all players. The game will release in the Summer 2023 with new features, graphics improvement, a sub-tick system, and more. Here's how you can get access to the Limited Test Beta for CS2.
How to get into the CS 2 Beta test?
While the full free-to-play game will be launched in the summer of 2023, there are already thousands of players in the game's Limited test beta. Here's how to get into the beta.
The initial wave of players was selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, recent playtime, trust factor, and Steam account standing. In the subsequent months, Valve has been slowly adding new features, maps, and game modes to CS2. With it, Valve has also added more players in waves, ensuring increasing player load on the CS2 servers.
Here's are the steps you should follow to ensure you can get into CS2 beta:
- Right-click on CS:GO in the Steam Library
- Go to Betas in the sidebar menu
- In Beta Participation, check if you have access to CS2
- If not, then launch CS:GO
- If you see a popup on the CS:GO Homepage, select "ENROLL"
- This should begin your download
- If download doesn't automatically start, close CS:GO and then resume download
- Once the download is complete, Launch the game
- Click on "Limited Test" to play Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test
What is the CS:GO 2 Limited Test?
The limited test will be offered to certain CS:GO players to help the devs weed out any issues.
Counter-Strike 2 arrives this summer as a free upgrade to CS:GO. So build your loadout, hone your skills, and prepare yourself for what’s next!
What features are a part of the CS:GO 2 Beta?
Valve has announced the following features as part of the CS2 Beta.
- Smoke Grenade Changes: Smokes will now expand more naturally, react to gameplay events like bullets and grenades, and react to lighting changes.
- Sub-tick System: Player movement, grenade trajectories, and shots fired no longer get tracked on a discrete tick system. These actions are now tracked the instant they occur. Thus, regardless of the tick rate, the game will always be consistent and responsive.
- Map Overhaul: Valve has rebuilt maps like Overpass, Dust2, Mirage, Nuke, etc. from the ground up to make use of Source 2's lighting and rendering features.
- Hi-Def VFX: UI, Gameplay, Lighting, Particles, etc. have all received a massive overhaul to bring Counter-Strike to the next generation.
- Accurate Audio: The Audio Engine has been rebalanced and updated to bring better audio to the game.
Q - How often do new players join the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test?
Valve keeps adding new players to the Counter-Strike beta from time to time.Keep checking your CS:GO main menu to see if you have received an invite.
Q - Can I still play CS:GO while the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test is happening?
Yes. Please note, you will only play with and against other players playing the same version of Counter-Strike as you. Counter-Strike 2 players will play with and against other Counter-Strike 2 players, and CS:GO players will play with and against other CS:GO players.