Ubisoft is providing one last Skull and Bones beta before launch, and this time, it is open to anyone who wants to partake.
Ubisoft has revealed the final open beta before Skull and Bones releases. It takes place just days prior to the official launch, which you can play almost immediately after the beta ends by purchasing the Premium Edition or subscribing to Ubisoft+.
This Skull and Bones beta expands upon past closed betas. It opens up more of the map, provides new rewards to carry over into the full game, and is quite literally available to everyone. Let's go over what you can expect from it.
How to join the final Skull and Bones open beta
Skull and Bones is available on PC through Ubisoft Connect and the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S. Anyone with access to those platforms can join the open beta. Here is all the pertinent information:
- Preload begins on February 6 at 1 a.m. PT
- Open beta goes live on February 7 at 6 p.m. PT
- Open beta ends on February 11 at 3 p.m. PT
- Playtime cap is not enabled, like the 6-hour cap of the previous closed beta, but instead an Infamy cap of Tier 6 Rank 1 | Brigand is in place
- Cross-progression and cross-play are enabled, and progression carries over to launch
- All languages supported at launch are available in this Skull and Bones open beta
If you want to participate, you just need to go to your Ubisoft Connect or Epic Games launcher to access it in the free games section. Console players can install the beta from your respective console store, or loading it from the game's open beta page on the web.
Last time around, Skull and Bones confined players to the den of Saint-Anne and its surrounding area. You'll start there in the Red Isle, near the coast of Africa, once more. In the open beta, however, the East Indies region is available to discover.
The Open Sea and the East Indies are much more unforgiving than the Red Isle, so only the most seasoned pirates in the beta should venture there. You'll find new faces, new factions, and new threats in this location.
You will only be able to progress to a certain point with your Infamy and main contracts. After the Exterminate the Rat mission, you'll receive no more story missions, but you can still explore the sea until the beta ends.
Skull and Bones open beta rewards and Twitch drops
The last closed beta for Skull and Bones provided some great rewards to carry into the main game. This open beta is no different. You'll receive rewards at the end, some dependent upon the Tier of Infamy that you reach:
- Reach Tier 2: Sir Reginald Grim Sail emblem
- Reach Tier 4: Tarred Sail pattern
- Reach Tier 6: Sign Language emote
- Use a Medium Ship: "Cookie" the Lemur pet
- Participate in a World Event: "Basilisk I" Culverin ship weapon
There are also Twitch drops available, as the final Skull and Bones open beta is not under NDA. Anyone can stream, and if you're watching those with Drops Enabled, you can get your hands on a prize. Watch a streamer with Drops Enabled for one hour to receive a Snow Leopard pet, with a peg leg of course.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for more esports news.