Steal, locate, teleport. Loba has it all.
Loba is your best friend if you want to have the best loot possible every single game. The translocating thief has benefitted from both a strong set of in game abilities and an engaging backstory over her time in Apex Legends.
Loba is a great example of a well designed and balanced legend. The introduction of the class system truly helped her find her niche. She sits in the powerful Support Class. The ability to craft expired banners combines perfectly with Loba's kit.
Check out our Apex Legends Loba guide on how to make the most of her kit.
Apex Legends Loba guide: What makes Loba a good legend?
Loba is all about that loot! Gather your ideal loadout, scoop up care packages, spot rare items through walls. Loba is great for making sure you have what you need in the game.
- Great for always having your preferred weapon, optic and any crucial attachments.
- A constant supply of ammunition and grenades means you will always have firepower.
- Anyone on your team can craft expired banners thanks to Support Class perks.
- The Black Market is very loud, and can draw enemies to your location.
- Burglars Friend tactical is easy to visually follow.
- Once you get good loot, Loba's value diminishes significantly.
- Throws Loba's bracelet and teleports her to it when it lands.
- While the bracelet is in midair, you can force it to drop straight down.
- The max distance that the bracelet can be thrown varies based on the following:
- 71 meters if you're on normal ground levels which is the standard distance.
- 100+ meters if you're on high ground places such as towers or buildings, maxing out the distance.
- While the bracelet is midair, it cannot be canceled (excluding other Legends abilities that can cancel the bracelet), and Loba cannot perform most other actions, like using weapons or healing items.
- If the bracelet is thrown off the edge of the map, or into an out-of-bounds area, it'll return to Loba without starting the cooldown.
- Can be used while on ziplines.
The Burglar's Best Friend is a sturdy movement ability that lets Loba move around the map or escape tricky situations. It's not the strongest movement ability of all time, but it can hold its own in a lot of situations.
Tips for Burglar's Best Friend:
One of the strongest aspects of this ability is that it is based on the bracelet itself. You can throw the bracelet through barred windows or gaps in buildings. This can create some fantastic escape opportunities. Getting inside a building with your bracelet can make it really hard for you to be pursued.
One downside of the Bracelet is the very obvious audio and visual queues that go with you throwing it. Try to bear that in mind. Throwing the Bracelet into the open, in clear line of sight of other players is a one way ticket back to the lobby. Try and throw it behind cover, around a corner or generally into a concealed area when possible.
You can still move around while the Bracelet is in the air. A great escape tactic is to do something unpredictable. Maybe change directions, or if super close to your opponent even launching yourself into them can throw their aim off for the second you need to be teleported away. Just try and stay alive and buy yourself time!
- Nearby epic and legendary loot can be seen through walls. The range is the same as Black Market Boutique Black Market Boutique.
- Range is 112.5 meters.
- Can ping items through obstacles, inside supply bins, and even Care Packages.
- Ping range is 12 meters; optics can extend the range.
- Includes Mythic items.
- Loot ticks and Death Boxes cannot be seen through obstacles even if they contain epic or legendary loot.
Eye for Quality allows Loba to see loot all around the map if it is epic quality or higher. This can be helpful for never missing a useful attachment or high quality armour. Sure, this isn't the most complicated ability of all time but it can certainly feel very useful.
Tips for Eye for Quality:
This ability is great for contesting, or grabbing a cheeky Shield swap mid fight. You can see exactly where the best loot is very quickly, and prioritise making sure you secure one or two key items before engaging the enemy.
If you see an item disappear, then that is a great indication that there are enemies nearby who are looting in the area. They won't know that you know, so maybe take advantage!
- Place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly or enemy Legend can take up to two items.
- Loba starts every match with her ultimate 50% charged.
- After placing down the Black Market Boutique, it takes about 4.5 seconds before it can be accessed.
- When it finishes setting up, it releases a large pulse that enemies can see.
- The range of the Black Market is a 112.5-meter radius cylinder (unlimited vertical) visible to Loba and her squad on the minimap.
- Items within the range will hover off the ground slightly when a player is using it.
- There is a glimpse of a teleport trail back to the Black Market each time a player takes an item from it.
- Full stacks of Ammo and Health Kits will be taken when selected.
- Ammo has no maximum limit and does not take up space towards the two items' allowed limit.
- Squadmates' banner cards cannot be retrieved, unless there are already crafted banners within the radius.
- The Black Market has 100 health and can block doors.
The Black Market Boutique is a great Ultimate ability in Apex Legends. There is nothing more annoying than not having an optic, or a good magazine for a weapon that really needs it. These problems are all sorted by the Boutique.
Tips for Black Market Boutique:
Take Shield swaps with the Boutique in end games! Drop your shield and pull another one in. You'll have to choose another rarity of shield, as it will always pull the nearest item. Don't accidentally loot the shield you just dropped!
The Black Market Boutique is a great way to safely loot care packages. If you think there might be competition for it, spam the top left slot in the weapons section of the market. Any weapon in the package will appear there as soon as it lands. This will allow you to make sure you get the weapon first.
Don't forget that the Black Market Boutique makes all items in range float while you're inside. That could allow enemies to know that you're nearby, so if you are trying to keep a low profile avoid going in the market if you can help it.
Apex Legends Loba guide: What legends work well with Loba?
Loba works best with a passive playstyle. We have seen some ALGS teams make great success with Loba, rotating to a good spot in zone and then looting via the Black Market Boutique as teams die around them. You can't really do this in pubs or ranked, but Loba certainly can help you stay out of trouble.
Fuse, Bangalore and Horizon all benefit from access to certain specific items. Fuse and Horizon want as many grenades as possible, while Bangalore thrives from Digital Threat scopes. Loba is a great enabler for this.
These legends all love to play for strong positions and thrive in zone. Wattson can make sure she has a constant supply of Ultimate Accelerants via the Boutique.
Loba is a very popular legend, she can craft banners and allows you to always be comfortable. Flatline one trick, no worries! Need a Kraber for your Tiktok clips, Loba has got your back!
Stay tuned to esports.gg for the latest Apex Legends and esports news.