Don’t get your budgie smugglers in a twist.
Fuse can make an explosive impact on your Apex Legends games. With the ability to carry extra grenades, launch fire and bombard opponents Fuse is one of the games most aggressive characters.
He has risen gently in popularity since his release. In niche situations Fuse can really excel. Frankly, he is also pretty annoying to fight against which is always a bonus when you're not on the receiving end.
Maximise your opponents rage with our Apex Legends Fuse guide.
Apex Legends Fuse guide: What makes Fuse a good legend?
Fuse excels at making spaces unplayable and sieging his opponents. He can carry extra grenades, and his tactical Knuckle Clusters further add to his arsenal. Don't underestimate how powerful his Ultimate, Motherlode, can be too. The scan aspect of that ability has risen in power as other scan abilities has been nerfed.
Fuse is also a member of the powerful Assault Class.
- Ultimate can provide scans on enemies caught inside it's radius.
- Chip away at enemies health with the Knuckle Cluster.
- Ability to double stack grenades means you can seige any position.
- Fuse can be caught out in the open with his lack of movement.
- If you can't find, or have out of, grenades he is significantly weakened.
- It's very easy to damage or even kill yourself with his abilities.
- Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.
- Sticks to a surface or enemy and explodes into multiple mini-explosions after about 1.5 seconds.
- The initial stick deals 10 damage if it hits an enemy.
- The mini-explosions are fixed on the point where the initial explosion sets off. Deals around 60 damage to targets who don't flee.
- Does not affect teammates, but still affects Fuse himself.
The Knuckle Cluster is Fuse's own personal grenade. It can stick players, destroy doors and deal up to 60 damage. Fuse can have up to two charges of this, and the 20 second cooldown means it comes back quite frequently.
Tips for Knuckle Cluster:
Don't underestimate how long this ability is active for. You can use this ability as a deterrent. If you need time to heal, or to revive a teammate throwing a Cluster at a doorway or a peek can stop anyone from feeling able to push through. If they do choose to take the risk, they will be weakened.
It can be easy to self sabotage with this ability. It deals damage to Fuse himself and will destroy things like doors. Don't use this ability that might actually weaken your position or deal damage to yourself!
The best use of this ability is always in crowded spaces. The throw range of this Cluster is really impressive. If you see a fight at a distance, throw a cluster into the fight and deal damage to potentially all six players at once. You might even get a kill out of it!
- Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.
Fuse's kit is completely based around grenades, so it makes logical sense that he has better interactions with them than other legends.
Tips for Grenadier:
It's important to manage your inventory with Fuse. You should communicate with teammates to stack up your Grenades. You could save an inventory slot by taking or swapping Grenades to help you stack two in a slot.
Fuse can launch grenades really far, but this ability can be toggled on or off. If you don't want a grenade to go so far (perhaps to launch a grenade directly into the air) you can opt out of the extra long throw.
- Launch a bombardment that encircles a target in a wall of flame.
- Explodes mid-air and splits into multiple fire bombs, which upon hitting the ground create a ring of fire.
- Can be fired up to 200 meters away.
- Touching the ring of fire does 35 damage and lights enemies on fire, causing a 5 second burn effect that slows the player and does 8 (12 while on top of fire ring) damage per second (40 burn damage, 75 damage total 95 damage if you remain in the fire).
- Enemies inside the ring will be revealed to Fuse and his squadmates.
The Motherlode is a powerful ability in Fuse's kit. The ring of fire can block off choke points, isolate enemies or fill rooms. Anyone in the radius of the fire ring will be on scan - an underrated aspect of this ability.
Tips for Motherlode:
It can feel like a waste, but this ability can simply be used for the scans. The way the radius scans work doesn't mean someone has to be physically inside the ring of fire. If you put the Ultimate on top of a buildings roof for instance, everyone underneath the ring inside the building will be on scan.
Be careful with using this ability indoors. While it can be incredibly effective to fill a small room with fire, you can deal huge damage to yourself. Your teammates will also be stunned, which can make them a free kill.
If you do have someone trapped inside the ring of fire, you can combine all of Fuse's abilities to take full advantage. Stack grenades and Knuckle Clusters inside the ring - your enemies will not be able to escape!
Apex Legends Fuse guide: What legends work well with Fuse?
Fuse is a fairly flexible legend, who can work well at offense and defense. He pairs decently with most legends but there are some strong combinations.
Loba is an obvious pick for Fuse no matter what playstyle you are playing. She can ensure that Fuse always has a steady stream of Grenades to launch at opponents. Without grenades, he is much weaker.
Gibraltar and Horizon both have Ultimates that pair well with Fuse. Horizon's Black Hole is deadly when there are grenades to be thrown into the centre of it. In addition, Gibraltar's Defensive Bombardment can be used on players trapped inside the Motherlode. They have no chance of escape.
Loba obviously once again pairs well, as does Gibraltar for a passive playstyle. However, Caustic also makes a good combination. As a strong defensive Legend Caustic is very powerful paired with most legends. Nonetheless, the ability to trap people either inside the Motherlode, or simply in a small space with Grenades creates a great opportunity for a strong Caustic Ultimate to be thrown into trapped enemies.
Fuse is an explosive legend that with a steady supply of Grenades, can make a huge impact in fights. Just remember to not do more damage to yourself than you do to your opponents!
Thanks for reading our Apex Legends Fuse guide.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for the latest Apex Legends and esports news.