A guide on how the new Hearthstone Battlegrounds Quests work.
Battlegrounds patch 24.2 features the new Hearthstone Battlegrounds Quest mechanic alongside the game mode’s own rewards track and more! It’s set to launch on August 30th.
How the Hearthstone Battlegrounds Quest Mechanic Works
The Hearthstone Battlegrounds Quest mechanic changes how players interact within a game. At the beginning of a player’s fourth turn, they will get to choose from three random Quest and Reward pairings.
These pairings are a combination of a random Quest and a random Reward. A player makes one choice and then claims their selection as a pair. This means they must think about which Reward they want to aim for and how to achieve it.
For example, a Battlegrounds Quest may require a player to trigger a certain number of Deathrattles, spend a select amount of gold or play a set number of minions. A total of 13 Quests are available on the launch date.
3 Tips to dominate the Battlegrounds Quests Meta by #1 Rank player Zorgo
Quests are one of Battlegrounds' greatest mechanics, and today we bring you three tips to become a master and rule in every lobby.
The Battlegrounds Quests also have baseline requirements that depend on the paired Reward. To earn a better Reward, a player must complete a harder Quest.
There are also adjustments based on a hero’s armor tier, meaning that it’s slightly more difficult for those with less armor and easier for heroes with more of it. Additionally, some Quests in Hearthstone Battlegrounds have adjustments based on the minion types within a pool for each game.
How to Progress in Hearthstone Battlegrounds Quests
To progress in a Battlegrounds Quest, a player simply has to complete the requirement. This condition is outlined during the selection phase, and a player can check their Quest progression and Reward via hovering their mouse over their hero.
The scoreboard can also be used to see an opponent’s chosen Reward and whether or not they’ve earned it yet. After a player completes their Quest, the Reward will show up to the left of their hero.
Next, claiming a Reward in Hearthstone Battlegrounds grants a player a powerful advantage for the remainder of the game. There are approximately 24 Rewards that a Quest can be paired with depending on the match composition, according to Blizzard.
This means certain Quests and Rewards are not offered to select heroes or lobbies. In addition, some of these pairings are offered at different rates.
Battlegrounds Quest and Reward Reveals
In addition to The Smoking Gun, Evil Twin and Another Hidden Body, the 10 other Quests are as follows:
- Cry for Help: Quest: Play 6 Battlecry minions.
- Dust for Prints: Quest: Add 15 cards to your hand.
- Exhume the Bones: Quest: Trigger 6 friendly Deathrattles.
- Find the Murder Weapon: Quest: Increase a friendly minion’s stats 15 times.
- Follow the Money: Quest: Spend 25 gold.
- Invite the Guests: Quest: Buy 7 minions.
- Sort It All Out: Quest: Order your minions from lowest to highest Attack for 4 combats.
- Track the Footprints: Quest: Have Bob’s Tavern refreshed 10 times.
- Unmask the Culprit: Quest: Lose or tie 3 combats.
- Witness Protection: Quest: Have a friendly Taunt minion attacked 8 times.
- Anima Bribe: After you sell a minion, give its stats to a minion in Bob’s Tavern.
- Devils in the Details: At the end of your turn, your left and right-most minions consume a minion in Bob’s Tavern.
- Ritual Dagger: After a friendly Deathrattle minion dies, give it +4/+4 permanently.
- Snicker Snacks: At the end of your turn, 2 friendly minions trigger their Battlecries.
- Stolen Gold: Start of Combat: Make your left and right-most minions Golden.
- Theotar’s Parasol: At the end of your turn, give your right-most minion Stealth until next turn and +8 Health.
- The Friends Along the Way: At the start of your turn, get 2 random Naga.
- Victim’s Specter: After each combat, get a plain copy of the last friendly minion that died.
- Teal Tiger Sapphire: Minions in Bob’s tavern have +1/+1 for each time it was Refreshed this turn.
More reveals will happen on August 24th at the following times and channels:
- 5 a.m. (Pacific) – Ding
- 7 a.m. (Pacific) – Portia
- 9 a.m. (Pacific) – PlayHearthstone TikTok
- 12 p.m. (Pacific) – Educated Collins and Shadybunny