Ruan Mei’s appearance has attracted the attention of fans worldwide. Likely releasing in version 1.6, here’s her expected abilities, traces and eidolons.
The official artwork of Member #81 of the Genius Society, Ruan Mei, has aroused the attention of Trailblazers worldwide keen to know more about her release date, abilities and kit.
Ruan Mei has not yet appeared in-game as an NPC. However, Ruan Mei does appear on the Light Cone Geniuses' Repose alongside Herta.
Ruan Mei Kit in Honkai Star Rail [leaked]
Ruan Mei has been officially confirmed to be 5-star Ice character by MiHoYo. Ruan Mei's kit was leaked by Thorisllian back in May 2023. While some of the specifics of the Ruan Mei kit were omitted such as percentages and turns, it is enough to get a rough idea of her speciality of capitalising on Weakness Break.
- Basic Attack: Deals Ice DMG equal to a % of Ruan Mei's ATK to a single enemy
- Skill: Increases Ruan Mei's Speed and allies Speed for a certain number of turns.
- Ruan Mei's Talent: When an ally hits an enemy with Weakness Break, damage dealt to it will increase by a certain %.
- Ruan Mei's Ultimate: Buff all allies for an unconfirmed amount of turns. The Weakness Break Efficiency of all allies is buffed while an enemy's Weakness shield is broken. When the enemy Shield is restored, applies Broken Plum Blossoms, which delays their action and extends their Weakness Break.
- Technique: Increases allies ATK for start of next battle. The increase is equal to a percentage of Ruan Mei's ATK and lasts for an certain number of turns.
Traces and Eidolons
The leak also shared both Ruan Mei's Traces and Eidolons. Her traces double down on her ability to make the most of Weakness Break on enemies, either by extending her talent Broken Plum Blossoms or by boosting DMG.
Ruan Mei Traces
- Trace 1: When all allies hit a target with Weakness Break. Broken Plum Blossoms will be applied onto the enemy. [Broken Plum Blossoms delays their action and extends Weakness Break]
- Trace 2: When Ruan Mei's turn begins, immediately regenerate a certain amount of Energy
- Trace 3: When Ruan Mei's ATK reaches X, the talent's damage increase effect will be increased by a further %.
Ruan Mei Eidolons
- Eidolon 1: After casting a Skill, increase all allies attack by a % for X turns
- Eidolon 2: The enhancement applied [Broken Plum Blossoms] lasts an additional turn
- Eidolon 3: Increases Ultimate Level+2, Talent Level +2
- Eidolon 4: Increases Crit Rate when dealing DMG to enemies with Weakness Break
- Eidolon 5: Skill Level +2, Basic Attack Level +1
- Eidolon 6: Ruan Mei deals addition Ice DMG equal to a % of her ATK to enemies with Weakness Break
When will Ruan Mei be released?
Runa Mei will likely be released at some point during Honkai Star Rail Version 1.6. MiHoYo typically reveal upcoming characters two updates ahead of their release as a playable character. Another character expected in Version 1.6 is Xueyi.
Ruan Mei's is a scientist and a scholar, and was invited by Herta to develop the Simulated Universe. We actually see the pair pictured together on the cover art of the Light Cone Geniuses' Repose (above).
"Want some pastry? The plums used in this recipe are freshly macerated, and I waited in line a long time for them." A sweet-tempered and elegant scholar. Member #81 of the Genius Society. An expert in the biological sciences. She earned Nous' attention with her talent and terrifying perseverance, and began her research on the origin of life in a secret corner of the universe.
For that, she was invited by Herta to collaborate with Screwllum and Stephen to develop the Simulated Universe. Secretly, she greatly enjoys traditional theater and desserts, and she is also very interested in embroidery.
Ruan Mei Voice Actor
The English Voice Actor for Ruan Mei will be Chinese-American voice actor Emi Lo. Their most notable roles include Akane Sawatari from Chainsaw Man, Lucy from Cyberpunk: Edge Runners and Rena Ryugu from Higurashi: When They Cry.