Each Pirate Den hosts a Vanity Atelier, where you can change both your clothes and your physical appearance in Skull and Bones.
When you first embark on your pirating adventure, you'll create a character. You'll choose your body type, skin color, eyes, hair, facial hair, and even if you're scarred up. It's pretty minimal, however. Thankfully, as you go about your swashbuckling, you'll unlock additional customization options and can change your appearance in Skull and Bones.
We'll walk you through how to alter your character after you've finalized their initial appearance.
How to change your clothing in Skull and Bones
There are two ways to change how you look in Skull and Bones. Both of them involve finding the Vanity Atelier building. Here are the steps to finding this merchant:
- Disembark at or fast travel to any Pirate Den, such as Sainte-Anne
- Open your map and locate the Vanity Atelier, noted by a mirror icon
- Mark the location and head there on foot
- Enter the building and speak to the character that runs the Vanity Atelier
- Select Purchase & Equip Items
- Look through the list of cosmetics to equip what you already own or buy something new for your pirate
(Move through the gallery of images to see each step.)
This is how you make your pirate's appearance as regal or as disgusting as possible in Skull and Bones. You can do so with items from the following categories:
- Face Accessory
- Body Cosmetics
How to change your physical appearance in Skull and Bones
To change your physical appearance in Skull and Bones, you follow many of the same steps from above. You have to head to the Vanity Atelier and talk to the merchant. Then you can begin the process, which works in a similar fashion to updating your attire:
- Instead of selecting Purchase & Equip Items, choose Change Physical Appearance
- Select a preset character design from the Recreate Captain section
- Go through the various options to adjust the appearance of your pirate
- Confirm with the Apply Appearance button to submit the changes
Here are all of the categories you can update if you decide to change your character's appearance in Skull and Bones:
- Skin Tone
- Body Type
- Body Cosmetics
- Eye Color
- Hair (With additional color option)
- Facial Hair (With additional color option)
There's no cost to change your physical appearance in Skull and Bones. And you can do it as many times as you'd like. You aren't limited to keeping your captain looking like the same old scallywag throughout your entire journey.