You, Rampart and Sheila. The dream team.
Rampart is the ultimate aggressive defender. With a love for LMG's, a huge weapon on her back and a feisty personality Rampart can shred through enemies in no time at all.
She is also a great team legend too. She can make your weapons deal more damage, and feels fun and flexible to play around. Plus, nothing feels as satisfying as putting a team on a t-shirt with your Sheila!
Follow our Apex Legends Rampart guide to hold down the fort like a professional.
Apex Legends Rampart Guide: What makes Rampart a good Legend?
Her strength is in her aggressive style of defense. Where legends like Wattson and Caustic are all about sitting back, stalling and delaying fights, Rampart is about being aggressive. Your deterrent is the damage that you can output on enemies near by.
- Rampart's Amped Cover increases the damage of any weapons shot through it.
- The Sheila can deal huge damage in a short time, and can destroy doors.
- Thanks to a magazine buff with LMG's, Rampart can have insane capacity in those weapons.
- Rampart can struggle in the open.
- The Sheila's slow strafe speed can mean you are vulnerable in 1v1's.
- LMG's aren't that powerful in ALGS and you might still prefer other weapons.
- Build a crouch-cover wall, which deploys a full-cover amped wall that blocks incoming shots and amps outgoing shots.
- Place up to five covers at once.
- You can hold up to 3 charges of this ability, and gain 1 charge every 20 seconds.
- Amped Cover takes 2 seconds to deploy, during which only the bottom part is available.
- During deployment, it has 120 health. Once fully deployed, it will have full health.
- Amped Cover boosts the damage of outgoing shots by 20%.
- Non-damaged covers can be picked up to restore one charge.
The Amped Cover is Rampart's tool for securing a position. It has a glass portion that increases the damage of bullets shot through it. Rampart can deploy these walls very quickly, but they can be destroyed easily while they deploy.
Tips for Amped Cover:
It can be tempting to think you can stack multiple Amped Covers in a row to multiply their damage. Or at least have extra layers before your glass gets broken. However, shooting through multiple barriers will only Amp the damage once and all Glass on the barriers after the first one will be destroyed.
The Amped Covers can be a handy way to doge Grenades or other ordinance. This is especially valuable against Bangalore Rolling Thunders. While the Amped Cover is vulnerable to explosions, it will block all damage. You can deploy these walls fast enough that they are fully built before a grenade or other missile will explode.
Amped Cover is undoubtedly strongest when keeping players away from you. In close range it is less effective. If you are setting up inside a building, or a holdable spot in the open, try and place cover facing your biggest threats. For example, a choke someone is likely to come through. With the Amped Cover you can repel enemies before they ever even get close to your position.
- Increases magazine size by 15% and decreases reload time by 25%.
Rampart loves an LMG. The Modded Loader passive is pretty simple. Rampart is in her element with LMG's and they are faster at reloading, and hold more bullets when they are in her hands.
Tips for Modded Loader:
This passive makes the L-Star a very powerful weapon. One of the benefits of that LMG is the fact you can avoid reloading, and the reload itself is rather quick. the L-Star is the best LMG at the moment and well worth combining with Rampart.
- Wield a mobile minigun with a single high capacity magazine. Place it down for anyone to use as a stationary and reloadable turret.
- When activated, Rampart carries Sheila with a single magazine of 173 rounds.
- Sheila deals 14 damage per round, at 20 rounds/second, with a 2x headshot multiplier and no leg multiplier.
- While emplaced, Sheila has 350 health, a magazine size of 150 and infinite Reserve ammo.
- Angle of fire is limited to 180° in horizontal view and upward to 71° and downward to 53° in vertical view.
- Sheila has a 1.25 seconds spin up of barrels before any bullets are fired.
- Laser sight will be activated when spinning, visible to both allies and enemies.
- Destroys doors.
The Sheila is Rampart's not so secret weapon. Everyone will know when you spin this demon up, but that is part of the power. Nothing is more intimidating than seeing a Rampart point the Sheila at you! It can do serious damage but be warned, it can leave you vulnerable.
Tips for Mobile Minigun Sheila:
The strength of the Sheila is when you are being aggressive and oppressive. In a 1v1 the initial poor accuracy, and slow strafe speed can actually be a pretty big hinderance. Whereas, shredding a team in the back, third partying a fight or thirsting through a high level knockdown, the Sheila excels.
Sheila is also the nemesis of the EVAC Tower. If a team is trying to escape via EVAC and you have your Sheila you have the power to completely foil their plan. Unload the Sheila into the Tower and it will be destroyed in no time at all.
If you've emptied your Sheila in your hands, you can place it. Placing it will start your ultimate cooldown, but will also provide an on the floor Sheila that your teammates can use. 3 Sheila's staring at a choke? Your enemies will surely rotate the other way!
Apex Legends Rampart Guide: What legends work well with Rampart?
Rampart is certainly another one of those Apex Legends that suits a much more passive playstyle. However, buffs to the speed at which her Amped cover deploys has given her a lot more playability on the edge of zone and in an aggressive manner.
Rampart works really nicely with Horizon in particular, thanks to her ability to take height. If you can get Rampart up to a nice high ground where they can place Amped Cover and use their Sheila in a safe position they can be extremely devastating in fights.
Loba is always a good combination with legends that want to play in zone, thanks to her ability to gather loot throughout the game. Catalyst can help reinforce doors, which is free's up Rampart's Amped Cover's to be placed more aggressively. Valkyrie lets you rotate to zone much faster.
Rampart is a bit of a niche legend. If she is in the situations she is designed for, she can be unstoppable. Her Sheila is incredibly fun to use, and her walls add a lot of playability for your entire team.
Thanks for reading our Apex Legends Rampart Guide.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for the latest Apex Legends and esports news.