Pathfinder is one of the original Apex Legends. He is undoubtedly one of the most enjoyable legends to play. From his movement abilities that call back to Titanfall, to his quirky voice lines, a session on the MRVN is a guaranteed good time.
Pathfinder has a very high skill ceiling on his movement. Once you master his Grappling Hook you can travel great distances to catch up with, or escape from enemies.
Our Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide will help you reach that ceiling in no time.
Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide: What makes Pathfinder a good legend?
The strength of Pathfinder is ultimately the great distances he can move across the map. The speed at which he can travel makes him very hard to track, and you can do the unexpected with his movement.
- Pathfinder's Grapple can let him cover great distances in a hard to track way.
- Scanning care packages recharges his Ultimate, letting him deploy that several times during a match.
- His Zipline can help you move your entire team at once.
- Pathfinder has a large hitbox and can be vulnerable in fights.
- Zipline leaves you open to being shot.
- His passive is one of the worst in the game.
- Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.
- Throws a grappling hook that will attach to the first solid object it hits (including players and ziplines) and pull you towards it.
- The maximum length of the grappling hook is 21 meters. There is a circle on Pathfinder's crosshair that turns blue to indicate when the surface you're pointing at is within grapple range.
- By aiming to the side, you can swing in that direction instead of being pulled straight in. The grapple will disconnect after swinging to a 90° angle, and you will keep your momentum.
- The cooldown's length scales based on the distance Pathfinder travels, with more emphasis placed on horizontal movement. It stops increasing when Pathfinder's velocity returns to weapon sprinting speed or after 5 seconds, whichever comes first.
The Grappling Hook takes direct inspiration from the Grappling Pilot ability in Titanfall 2. It is one of the most unique movement abilities in the game. Any tree, lamp post or surface becomes a tool in your pursuit or escape from an enemy.
Tips for Grappling Hook:
This ability can be improved and combined with movement techniques to help it go even further. Jumping just after the grappling hook reaches a surface will grant you a bit of extra momentum. Additionally, landing into a slide can give you momentum to make sharp turns using things like Tap-Strafing.
If you want to reach a zipline that is too high or far away, you can grapple onto it. You will be pulled onto the zipline and immediately take it. This can help you make some quick getaways.
If you want to use your Grapple but have no objects to sling off, you can grapple off the floor. Put the grapple as far away from you as possible, and jump just before it connects, to get a healthy dose of momentum and make progress.
- Scan a Care Package to reduce the cooldown of Zipline Gun Zipline Gun.
- You can do this with up to 4 care packages. This means the cooldown can be reduced from 120 seconds down to 80.
- Revealing a care package also fully charges Pathfinder’s ultimate.
Pathfinder's passive is, to be honest, pretty underwhelming. It's just a cooldown reduction when you look at care packages. Prepare yourself for some of the highest level and most complicated tips of all time...
Tips for Insider Knowledge:
Always place your Zipline before you scan a care package, so you don't waste the chance to immediately get it back.
Always scan care packages.
- Creates a zipline between your current location and a target location, which you, your teammates, and enemies can use to move quickly between both points.
- When pressed the "Ultimate" key once, will bring out a zipline gun; can be put away just like any other weapon
- The other end of the zipline can be attached to most surfaces, allowing them to lead to places that players can't stand. They cannot be placed out of bounds.
- Players on this zipline move 66% faster than on a standard zipline.
The Zipline Gun a handy way to move around the map, take height and reposition as a team. The extra speedboost you get on the zipline means you are much harder to hit than players on a standard zipline. This makes it a much safer rotational tool than it seems on paper.
Tips for Zipline Gun:
The 66% speed boost does make you harder to hit, from the side. If you're head on, you are still just moving in a straight line. Be careful where you place your zipline into. Sending it directly into a fight could easily get you killed.
Pathfinder's Zipline Gun can connect directly to Jump Towers and EVAC Towers. This gives you a fast way to get directly to the top. Remember, the zipline is faster than the towers will be. Additionally, this can be a great way to get out of zone faster, as you'll take less damage this way because it is a faster and shorter route.
Don't underestimate the repositioning power of this ability. A zipline to a height, or to a roof of a building is quick and effective. Plus, your teammates can always follow up and join you seen as this is a permanent ability.
Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide: What legends work well with Pathfinder?
Pathfinder can be a flexible legend. He allows you to rotate to zone quickly, but he also can make aggressive plays when needed.
Truthfully, Pathfinder's kit is pretty neutral so he works very well with essentially all legends. But all three of Horizon, Bangalore and Bloodhound are strong aggressive legends.
For a more passive playstyle, Caustic and Gibraltar benefit from Pathfinder helping them rotate around the map quickly. For Catalyst, using the Zipline Gun for your rotation means you can save your Dark Veil wall for fights.
Pathfinder, despite his non existent passive, is a great legend to use and super fun to play. Thanks for reading our Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for the latest Apex Legends and esports news.