Rocket League celebrates Neon Nights 2023 with Cochise
Rocket League Neon Nights return in 2023 with a superstar collaboration with Platinum recording artist, Cochise.
The nights of Rocket League are once again bright with the return of Neon Nights for a 2023 edition. This is the second year Rocket League will celebrate the energetic event and we'll be enjoying the musical nights from Jan. 25 to Feb. 7. As usual, we will be seeing new items and Player Anthems together with two of our favorite Limited Time Modes.
Last year, Psyonix has worked with the visionary pop star, Grimes in creating memorable Neon Nights for 2022 and this year will be no different. In the announcement, Psyonix revealed a special collaboration with the Platinum recording artist, Cochise. The Florida rapper is the main star of the event, presenting us with a new single called Long Way which is written specifically for Rocket League. His song, Turn It Up from his album The Inspection, and Pocket Rocket, from his album Pocket Rocket, will also be available as Player Anthems.
Neon Nights 2023 challenges and rewards
There are ten challenges you need to complete to receive all Neon Nights 2023 can offer you. Each challenge will be rewarded with unique, new Items inspired by Cochise and his album, The Inspection and Pocket Rocket, that will surely make your opponent dance to your beat.
- Challenge: Get 15 assists or centers in online matches
- Reward: Cochise Decal
Cochise Player Banner. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Earn 25,000 XP in online matches
- Reward: Cochise Player Banner
Inspection Decal. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Hit the ball 50 times in online matches
- Reward: Inspection Decal
- Challenge: Play seven online matches
- Reward: Inspection Topper
Inspection Avatar Border. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Get 15 Saves, Epic Saves or Clears in online matches
- Reward: Inspection Avatar Border
Pocket Rocket Topper. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Play in five online matches in any Casual playlist
- Reward: Pocket Rocket Topper
Pocket Rocket Player Banner. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Get 30 shots on goal in online matches
- Reward: Pocket Rocket Player Banner
Mr.Professor Wheels. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Score at least 200 points in five online matches
- Reward: Mr.Professor Wheels
Turn It Up Player Anthem. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Get a goal and a win in five online matches\
- Reward: Turn It Up Player Anthem
Long Way Player Anthem. Image via Rocket League.
- Challenge: Win by two or more goals in an online match
- Reward: Long Way Player Anthem
New items available in the Item Shop!
What else is better than new items? Free items! You can claim two free items from the Item Shop, one will be "The Inspector" Player Title and the other one will be the Cochise Antenna. You can also add a new song to your playlist, the Pocket Rocket Player Anthem which is available for only 200 Credits from your Item Shop.
"The Inspector" Player Title. Image via Rocket League.
Cochise Antenna. Image via Rocket League.
Pocket Rocket Player Anthem. Image via Rocket League.
Limited Time Mode to celebrate Neon Nights 2023
Neon Nights will be celebrated with two returning, high-tempo Limited Time Modes, the Spike Rush and the Speed Demon. Here are the details for the LTMs:
Week 1 - Spike Rush
Spike Rush Rocket League. Image via Rocket League.
- Duration: Jan. 25 to Jan. 30
- Description: All players will have spikes that allow the ball to stick to their car. The ball carrier will be vulnerable, easily demolished, and cannot use or collect boost. The endgame is to score a goal using whatever means possible.
How to play Spike Rush in Rocket League
Rocket League Spike Rush is coming back and we are here to help you sharpen your skills and make sure your spikes are on-point!
Week 2 - Speed Demon
Speed Demon Rocket League. Image via Rocket League
- Duration: Feb. 1 to Feb. 7
- Description: Everything is super fast-paced in this mode, where the boost is unlimited with double the power. The ball will be larger but has less bounciness. Demolitions will be the way to go for you to defeat your opponent as it is demolitions on touch with only a one-second respawn timer. The goal is to score in the chaos of the explosive field.