A new pan-region tournament is here with teams from SEA, Korea, and Japan locking horns. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
The Wild Rift Circuit Asia Invitational 2022 will take place from Sept. 5 to 9 with eight teams from Korea, Japan, and Southeast Asia competing for the title of champions and a share of the $40,000 prize pool.
The Wild Circuit Asia Invitational is the first multi-region tournament since the Global Championship Icons 2022. Leo Faria, the Head of Wild Rift Esports at Riot Games, recently told Esports.gg in an interview that they are looking at ways to increase the competitive parity between teams from different regions. This tournament seems like one of these efforts.
Wild Rift head of esports on MSI equivalent for the mobile game: "Never say never"
Leo Faria, the global head for Wild Rift esports, sat down to speak about the past season, Riot's future strategy, and closing the gap between Chinese and global teams in an interview with Esports.gg
Riot has named the official off-season for Wild Rift esports as the Wild Circuit. It is running from July to September to continue the competition. Riot hasn’t announced its plans for the rest of the year yet, though.
Here is everything you need to know about the Wild Circuit Asia Invitational 2022.
Teams to battle across a group stage and the playoffs
The Wild Circuit has been split into a group stage and the knock-out stage.
- Group Stage
- In the group stage, the eight teams have been split into two groups of four teams each.
- They will compete in a single round-robin format with the top two teams from each group advancing to the playoffs.
- All matches will be best-of-three games.
- Knock-out stage
- The top four teams will compete in a single elimination bracket to determine the champions.
- All matches in the playoffs will be a best-of-five, except for the grand finals which will feature a best-of-seven series.
Prize Pool of $40,000 is up for grabs
The prize pool split for the Wild Rift Circuit Asia Invitational is as follows:
- First place: $12,000
- Second place: $7,000
- Third place: $6,000
- Fourth place: $5,000
- Fifth to eighth place: $2,500
Eight teams from regions are competing in the Wild Rift Circuit Asia Invitational
The eight teams in the Asia Invitational are as follows:
- KT Rolster (South Korea)
- SANDBOX Gaming (South Korea)
- Freecs (South Korea)
- Unsold Stuff Gaming (Japan)
- RRQ (Philippines)
- Team Flash (Vietnam)
- Flash Wolves (Taiwan)
- Buriram United Esports (Thailand)
Where to watch the Wild Rift Circuit Asia Invitational?
The Wild Rift Circuit Asia Invitational will be livestreamed on multiple channels from Sept. 5 to 9. The matches will begin at 8 AM GMT.