Palworld enters Early Access near the end of January, but it won’t only be a Steam title. It has been confirmed for Xbox and PC Game Pass.
Palworld, known as Pokemon with guns, finally has a release date. It is coming to Steam Early access on January 19, 2024. At that same time, it will become available through Xbox and PC Game Pass for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Windows.
We've all anticipated this game since its initial reveal. Creatures that are called Pals roam the world. You can choose to fight against them, with them, or even make them do your bidding as you try and survive the harsh environment.
Palworld release date for Early Access and Game Pass announced
The development team announced the initial release date, which is stated as Early Access via Steam. Shortly after, they confirmed that Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass are home to Palworld, as well, once it arrives on January 19.
This means you'll be able to play it without any additional purchases if you are a subscriber to Xbox Game Pass or PC Game Pass. On your PC or your Xbox system, whether it is Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S, you'll be able to download it right away at midnight PST.
What is Palworld?
If you aren't quite sure what in the heck we're talking about, we've got the rundown. If you like Pokemon, but wish it were just a little darker, Palworld is your game. From selling your Pals or eating them, to using them as meat shields or making them work a factory, there's plenty to do.
Here are all the features detailed by the developers at Pocketpair, so you know what to expect:
- Survival: This is the main theme, as you'll have to survive with our without your Pals
- Mounts and Exploration: You can mount different Pals to traverse all kinds of biomes
- Building Structures: Building bases, factories, and other structures are vital
- Production: Use your Pals to keep the lights on with electricity, fire, and mining
- Farming: Pals can plant seeds, water crops, and harvest what grows
- Factories and Automation: Pals will work in factories as long as you need them, if you keep them fed that is
- Dungeon Exploration: Rare and powerful Pals sit in dungeons that you can explore with your partners
- Breeding and Genetics: Breed Pals and combine rare ones to create stronger ones
- Poaching and Crime: Sneak into sanctuaries to catch endangered Pals, just don't get caught
- Multiplayer: Travel, battle, or trade with friends, with a PvP mode added in a future update
There's a lot to do when Palworld releases. Whether you join up with others or adventure on your own, you'll finally get to experience the Pokemon alternative we've all been waiting for.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for more esports news.