Everything that happened at TI12 did go according to what we thought. Here are the teams that qualified for the TI12 main event playoffs.
The International 2023 (TI12) group stages had concluded, but not without some surprises. The outcome was a far cry from the expectation, which surely threw many compendium predictions straight to the gutter. Here's a summary of what had happened:
- The Western Europe supremacy that many expected never came to realization. Out of five teams, one was eliminated while three will start from the lower bracket.
- Instead, Eastern Europe were the ones that dominated the competition. Not only did all teams survived the group stages, three of them are in the upper bracket.
- South American region lost two out of four teams and to everyone's surprise, beastcoast was amongst the fallen.
- Meanwhile, the only two Chinese teams made the upper bracket, signaling a potential comeback for a once revered region.
- Like the China, Southeast Asia only has two teams and just one survived. Talon Esports, who were shaky at first delivered an impressive comeback, making all the way to upper bracket.
- Finally, the biggest shocker of them all is nouns showing more promise than their North American peers, especially after defeating the former TI champions.
Teams that qualified for the TI12 main event
Below is a breakdown of the teams that qualified for the TI12 main event, including schedules for upcoming matches. All series are best-of-three.
Date & Time
Team Spirit vs Virtus Pro
Friday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. PST
Team Liquid vs Talon Esports
Friday, October 20, 1:00 p.m. PST
LGD Gaming vs 9Pandas
Friday, October 20, 4:00 p.m. PST
Nouns vs Azure Ray
Friday, October 20, 7:00 p.m. PST
Date & Time
Shopify Rebellion vs TSM
Friday, October 21, 10:00 a.m. PST
Evil Geniuses vs Gamin Gladiators
Friday, October 21, 1:00 p.m. PST
Keyd Stars vs BetBoom Team
Friday, October 22, 10:00 a.m. PST
Tundra Esports vs Entity
Friday, October 22, 1:00 p.m. PST
- Thunder Awaken, South America
- Beastcoast, South America
- Team SMG, Southeast Asia
- PSG Quest, Western Europe