Sweden lifts COVID-19 restrictions making PGL Stockholm Major look more likely
PGL Stockholm’s chances improve as the Swedish Government has announced the removal of most restrictions surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. This includes the permit for venues to host large-scale public gatherings with up to 15 thousand people in attendance.
The reductions on restrictions that become applicable starting September 29, include:
- Restrictions on participation in public gatherings and public events in the Restrictions Ordinance will be removed. The exception is events with over 15,000 participants.
- The participation restriction for private gatherings held in premises, areas or spaces for rent is removed.
- The Swedish Public Health Agency's advice on working from home is removed.
- In restaurants, regulations on opening hours, restrictions on the size of parties and distances between tables are abolished.
- Indoor concerts at restaurants are allowed.
IEM Fall Europe to take place in Stockholm
Sources say that IEM Fall will be held in Stockholm. This also makes the Stockholm Major highly likely as the two events are set only a few weeks apart.
The important message is that we now take further steps in the return to normal everyday life.......
If you are fully vaccinated, you can largely live your life as before.
PGL Major 2021 Update: Possible move to another EU country. Audience limitations a key issue
PGL has released an update on the PGL Major 2021, outlining the possibility for a move from Stockholm to another European Country if the Swedish government is not able to provide the required guarantees for hosting the Major in time. [Image: PGL]
Sweden relaxes travel restrictions, PGL Stockholm Major inches closer to Sweden
A decision allowing a full live audience is expected by September 15.