Perks work a bit differently in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Here is everything you need to know about the new perks system.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has introduced a lot of new mechanics and features to the classic shooter franchise. Infinity Ward most notably added the ability to run four perks on top of fully customizing weapon attachments. And you don't even have to use a Wildcard.
How Modern Warfare 2 perks work
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you can customize a perk package instead of choosing three perks. The packages include:
- 2 Base Perks
- 1 Bonus Perk
- 1 Ultimate Perk
You start the match with access to the two Base Perks. Then you get to Bonus Perk about four minutes into the match. The Ultimate Perk is available about eight minutes into the match. This is all an estimate however — you can unlock perks faster depending on how many kills, assists, and objectives you get.
All Modern Warfare 2 perks
As explained previously, there are three categories of perks: Base, Bonus, and Ultimate. Here are all of the Modern Warfare 2 perks available in each category to better help you customize the perfect package.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons instead of one
- Double Time: Move up to 30% faster while crouching; sprint duration is doubled
- Battle Hardened: Immunity to Snapshot Grenades and the effects of Flashes, Stuns, EMPs, Gas Grenades, and Shock Sticks are reduced
- Scavenger: You can get ammo and knives from fallen players
- Bomb Squad: Damage from non-Killstreak explosives is reduced; rests the timer when you pick up a live grenade
- Tracker: You can track enemies by seeing their footprint trail; you can also see enemy death markers while enemies can't see yours
- Strong Arm: Throw equipment further; you can see the trajectory to get better aim
- Extra Tactical: Grants you an additional Tactical
- Resupply: You get an additional Lethal; Equipment recharges over 25 seconds
- Spotter: You'll be able to see enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls; they can also be highlighted for your team by looking through your sight; hack Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems
- Cold-Blooded: Become undetectable to enemy targeting systems and thermals
- Fast Hands: Reload, swap weapons, and use equipment faster
- Hardline: Killstreak cost is reduced by one kill; Scorestreak cost is reduced by 125
- Focus: Hold Breath duration is extended; flinch reduced when aiming down sights
- High Alert: Screen pulses when an enemy player spots you before you spot them
- Ghost: You become undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors
- Quick Fix: Health regeneration is triggered for every kill and while holding objectives
- Overclock: Store one additional Field Upgrade charge; Field Upgrade charge rate is also increased by 40%
- Survivor: Enter Last Stand upon elimination, allowing you to self-revive once per life
- Bird's Eye: The minimap zooms out, allowing you to see the enemy's direction with UAV and Radar pings