Highrise leads the list of new things coming to the Call of Duty for week 2 of the MW3 Beta.
The second weekend of the Call of Duty MW3 Beta has begun, and Sledgehammer Games have decided to let the community in on the changes coming to the game. So, join us as we bring all of the latest patch notes heading into week two of the Call of Duty MW3 beta.
Everything coming in the Call of Duty MW3 Beta Week two patch
New Maps and Modes:
First up on our list of content heading to the MW3 Beta for week two is the introduction of the much-beloved map Highrise. The iconic map joins the already growing list of maps returning from Infinity Ward's renowned Modern Warfare 2. Alongside that we also have a new Ground War map, known as Orlov Military Base, to add a bit more shine to the beta's map pool.
Amongst the old and new maps we also have a couple of gamemodes which are also being introduced to the MW3 Beta. The first of which being the ever-popular Search & Destroy mode. Beta participants will also have the chance to try a new game mode coming to the franchise called Cutthroat.
- Estate: Added collision near various areas of the Waterfall to prevent players from abusing exploits in the area.
- Favela: Players will no longer be immediately killed when respawning near the yellow car on the Side Street.
- Popov Power (Ground War): Added collision near Reactor Beta to prevent players from abusing exploits in the area.
Not many changes have come in relation to the weapons in MW3, which is understandable given that there weren't many available to players in the first week. However, we have seen quite a lot come the way of the Striker SMG, many of which are likely to hamper the weapon. There have also been some changes regarding the new Tac-Stance mechanic with the various weapons in the game. You will find a list of all of these changes down below.
- Decreased near-medium damage from 39 to 36.
- Decreased near-medium damage range from 24m to 19m.
- Increased headshot damage multiplier from 1.2x to 1.3x.
- Decreased medium damage range from 30m - 25m.
- Decreased minimum damage from 23 to 21.
- Increased lower-arm damage multiplier from 1x to 1.1x.
- Decreased far-medium damage from 28 to 27.
- Assault Rifles: Decreased from 17 - 26%.
- Submachine Guns: Decreased from 14 - 17%.
- Light Machine Guns: Decreased from 30 - 45%.
- Marksman Rifles: Decreased from 29 - 31%.
- Pistols: Decreased from 10 - 20%.
Lastly we have seen a number of changes to the game's various mechanics from the UI to Stability issues that were present in week one of the MW3 Beta. Here are those changes.
- Operator movement animations will now play properly in the moments following a respawn.
- Added a missing icon for the Incursion XII Long Barrel Attachment for the SVA 545.
- Players will now be properly notified when there is a playlist update.
- Addressed a crash that occurred during the matchmaking process in the Ground War playlist.
- Addressed multiple crashes that occurred while attempting to launch the game.
- Resolved an issue caused an error message to pop-up saying "a required network connection is needed" whenever players try to join another player's party.
And there you have it, all of the big changes coming to the Call of Duty MW3 beta this weekend. We can't wait to dive back in to the action for MW3.