There are over 100 Pals to catch in Palworld, with a variety of ways for you to add them to your collection.
It might seem pretty obvious when it comes catching Pals in Palworld. You throw a Sphere, much like a Poke Ball in Pokémon, and hope the Pal stays in it and becomes yours. Well, there's more to it than that. There are several ways you can obtain Pals.
Apart from catching them the old fashioned way, you can breed them, hatch them from eggs, buy them from Pal dealers, and even rescue them from the bad guys at the Syndicate. All of these ways add Pals to your collection.
All of the methods of obtaining Pals in Palworld
We'll go over each way you can catch Pals in Palworld. Some of them are rather easy, while others take a bit of work. Follow along so you know how you can add them to your Palbox and use them to really do whatever you want them to.
The most common way you'll catch Pals in Palworld is to, well, catch them. There are Spheres of different rarities, ranging from the basic Pal Sphere to the Legendary Sphere. The higher the rarity, the more powerful Pal you can catch.
Here's what you want to do to snag a Pal with a Sphere:
- Approach the Pal you want to catch
- Take out a weapon or summon one of your own Pals to fight it
- Weaken the wild Pal so that it has just a bit of HP left, but be careful not to kill it
- Choose the proper Sphere rarity for the Pal you're fighting
- Throw a Sphere directly at the Pal and watch to see if it catches it
If the Pal breaks out of the Sphere, weaken it a bit more if you've got room to work with. Or just keep throwing Spheres at it until the meter fills to 100% and it has been caught. You might be working on step three for a while if the Pal you want to catch is a mighty one.
Breed them and hatch eggs
After you caught a decent amount of Pals in Palworld, you can start breeding them and hatching some eggs. The Egg Incubator is available before breeding, and you will find Eggs while adventuring. So that can come first, but to continually produce and hatch eggs, breeding is key:
- Reach level 19
- Unlock the Mixed Farm with 2 Technology Points in the Technology tab
- Construct the Mixed Farm with 100 Wood, 50 Fiber, and 20 Stone
- Assign two Pals of opposite genders to the Mixed Farm and place a Cake within the box there
- Unlock the Egg Incubator with Technology Points if you haven't already
- Construct the Egg Incubator with 30 Stone, 5 Cloth, and 10 Paldium Fragments
- Collect any eggs from the Mixed Farm and place them in the Egg Incubator
- Wait until the timer reaches zero, grab the Egg, and essentially catch the Pal that was inside
You'll need to bake a Cake with 5 Flour, 8 Red Berries, 7 Milk, 8 Eggs, and 2 Honey. You can also find them as drops throughout the world, too. When it comes to the Egg Incubator timer, this can be sped up or slowed down depending on the warmth of the area around it. It depends on the type of egg.
Purchase from a Pal dealer
Next up is the simple process of buying a Pal in Palworld, instead of catching with a Sphere. There are black market dealers and legal Pal dealers. You can buy and sell Pals from them, with stock changing every so often and prices fluctuating based upon the Pal's level, stats, and abilities.
There aren't really any steps to follow for this one. You just find a dealer and hope you have enough Gold to buy the Pal you want to catch. A good place to start is the Small Settlement area, where a goods merchant and Pal merchant are always found.
The last thing you can do is rescue them from cages. Once you do, you don't need to catch the Pal. Instead, it is thankful for the save and simply joins your party or heads to your Palbox. You'll come across camps of both the Syndicate and People for the Protection for Pals, where a Pal is trapped in a cage:
- Look for a tower of smoke coming from the ground level while you are traveling
- Head in that direction to find a camp
- Ready your weapon and send out a powerful Pal of your own to fight the Syndicate or People for the Protection of Pal members in the camp
- Once the enemies have been cleared, approach the cage in the center
- Hold the button to unlock the cage and open the door
- The Pal inside will be added to your Palbox, or Party is a spot is open
Stay tuned to esports.gg for more esports news.