Here are several ways for you to check if the Skull and Bones servers being down are why you can’t set sail.
Skull and Bones operates in a constant online state. That means you have to be connected to the internet and the servers have to be running in order to play. There's a chance the latter may not always happen. So, how do you check if the Skull and Bones servers are down? We'll show you.
How to check Skull and Bones server status
There are a few things you can do to see if the Skull and Bones servers are down. They mostly involve checking official sources:
- Try and play Skull and Bones to see if the servers let you in
- Go to the Skull and Bones help section of the Ubisoft website, click See All Resources, and view the game's Live Server Status
- View the Ubisoft Support X account to see if they announced any server maintenance or issues
- View the official Skull and Bones X account for any server notices
- Check Downdetector for any Ubisoft outages, but note this is Ubisoft outages as a whole and not only specific to Skull and Bones
The Ubisoft website is definitely the most promising option, because you never know if it is an issue on your end or their end just by trying to join the game. Of course, use the other options to see if the Skull and Bones servers are down if the Ubisoft website is also having trouble.
They are all helpful ways to let you know the status of the servers. Whether they're overloaded and that caused a shutdown or the team is performing maintenance prior to pushing a new patch through, you'll be able to tell what's going on through at least one of the methods listed.