The mythical holiday creature awaits your arrival!
Fortnite Winterfest 2023 is well underway, and there are a few days left to claim gifts and complete the various Quests. We previously covered Winterberg, where Fortnite's Santa Claus gives free gifts and spreads cheer. The game also features Krampus, a mythical creature and the antithesis of Sgt. Winter. This guide explains where you can find Krampus in Fortnite.
Where is Krampus in Fortnite?
Players loading into a Battle Royale or Zero Build game should head to the spot marked on the map above. This landmark, called Cliffside Lodge, is where Krampus takes up residency in Fortnite. He spawns into the game as a non-player character (NPC) and not a very friendly one. Once you encounter Krampus, he will try to eliminate you at all costs.
How to eliminate Krampus and what happens when you do
Now that you know where to find Krampus in Fortnite, here are some tips and tricks you should remember:
- Krampus will only attack you with a Pickaxe. We have landed here multiple times and found that the mythical holiday creature will not wield any other weapon.
- Slurp and Slap Barrels are around the area, so you can use those as healing items before encountering the Krampus NPC.
- Your best approach is to find a ranged weapon and create distance between you and the NPC. This allows you to inflict damage while avoiding his Pickaxe swings.
- Be cautious of other opponents that may land here looking to eliminate Krampus.
- After eliminating Krampus, he leaves an Epic Chest, as pictured above. This will be helpful as you continue in the match.
It's also worth noting that you can complete the "Help eliminate Krampus to save Winterfest" Fortnite challenge.