The fastest way to level up your guns in MW2 will see you enter several Ground War and Invasion maps with a focus on racking up eliminations.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 requires you to level up your guns to a specific rank before you can unlock camo challenges. It is a tedious process with the sheer amount of guns in the game, along with those set to arrive in future seasons. If you want to speed up the process, you'll need to know the fastest way to level up your guns in MW2. This requires a lot of Ground War and Invasion.
What is the fastest way to level up your guns in MW2?
Weapon XP is separate from the basic Rank XP. This means capturing objectives or netting eliminations from killstreaks won't level up your weapon. You will need to fire the gun and take out enemies with it directly to receive Weapon XP.
Here are the steps to level up your guns in MW2 the fastest way possible:
- Create a custom loadout with the weapon you are leveling and a Tactical Insertion as your Field Upgrade
- Utilize a Double Weapon XP Token if available
- Play on PlayStation and in a party if possible for a bonus 25% Weapon XP
- Select either Ground War or Invasion from the MW2 multiplayer mode section
- Navigate to a spot on the map where you can safely pick off the opposition with your weapon
- Put down your Tactical Insertion to respawn there when killed
- Take out any AI (Invasion) and player-controlled enemies that you can with the gun
- Stay alive until the Tactical Insertion is usable again
- Continue doing this with the chosen gun until it is at max level
- Repeat the process with all guns until they are maxed out
It may take a bit longer for launchers and melee weapons, such as the Riot Shield and Combat Knife. You'll need to get up close and personal with the latter category to level them up. When it comes to launchers, you'll get XP for destroying vehicles and aerial killstreaks on top of blowing up enemies with them.
The fastest way to level up guns in MW2 will ensure you have access to all weapon attachments and camo challenges. In addition, you'll need to pay attention to Weapon Platforms, as reaching certain levels with specific guns is the only way to unlock other weapons as a part of its progression tree. Once each gun is at its max level, you can work on determining the best loadouts for them and grind the mastery camos.