No more running and gunning with the Classic after Valorant 3.09. There’s also a new battle pass with the latest update.
Riot Games has unveiled the Valorant 3.09 patch update with a new Act III Battlepass and Competitive refresh. There will also be a new agent arriving in-game later.
New agent Chamber unveiled. A gentleman assassin with a sick Golden Sniper Rifle as an ultimate
Chamber will be the 17th VALORANT agent, a dapper gentleman assassin with an assortment of gadgets that includes his very own custom-made golden sniper rifle. Yes, one shot, one kill.
Chamber has already been leaked as the 17th agent to enter the Valorant realm. The man with a custom-made golden sniper rifle as his ultimate can kill an enemy with one bullet. He will arrive with Patch 3.10 on November 16.
The Classic has been one of the strongest weapons in the game with players using classic to overpower opponents. Jump shots over walls and the weapon’s high accuracy at medium range made it extremely lethal. The 3.09 update brings quite a few nerfs to Classic, increasing the firing error while moving. This means the gun is slightly less accurate than before and the developers say it is tuned to perform well in close-range scenarios.
Valorant’s latest map, Fracture also sees some changes on the 2 bombsites. Here are the complete patch notes for the the latest Valorant Update.
Valorant 3.09 Patch Notes
The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move. So we’ve reduced the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing it’s ideal use case to only really close ranges.
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
Valorant 3.09 Map Updates
- The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
- New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
Game System Updates
- Smoother Ropes/Ziplines
- Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
- Observers using gamepad controllers are no longer locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
- Free Cam observers rejoice!
- Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams
- When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
- One path for all traffic into game servers
- For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there. Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it’s lowered.
- Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
- Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly.
You can check out the complete patch notes here.