Valorant 3.03 Patch Notes: Viper Bug Fix, New Crosshair settings and map updates
The update rolls back a bug involving Viper’s Pit. Players can also switch between multiple crosshair profiles.
Rio Games has released a small patch update for Valorant. The 3.03 update brings a few changes to Viper and several quality of life changes to Valorant. Here’s everything you need to know about the latest game update.
What’s new in Valorant’s 3.03 Patch update?
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s Pit started forming at the cursor placement point instead of around Viper.
After the 3.01 gameplay update, Viper players were able to spawn Viper’s Pit at a distance instead of around her. With the latest update, Riot fixes this ‘bug’. Viper’s Pit is a powerful ability for holding an area. As such, Riot feels it is important that Viper’s team is able to secure the area before using her Pit. It’s important that her team pays the cost of securing ground before she can place her ult. This is as opposed to being able to cast it forward into areas without giving up her position.
This change to Viper is sure to be an unpopular change with Viper mains. But it brings a balance to the powerful ability and teams have to work harder to secure some ground.
- Turn on "Use Advanced Options" to additionally customize your ADS crosshair and sniper scope center dot!
- Players now have the ability to save and switch between multiple crosshair profiles.
- Added a setting to set a minimum firing error across all weapons.
- Added a setting to use the primary crosshair with shotguns.
Players can now switch between multiple crosshair profiles. So you can keep different crosshairs depending on your positioning and map choice.
Valorant players can also expect a feature to share their crosshair settings in the future. While Riot does not commit to any time frame for this feature, the developers confirm it is something on their radar.
Valorant 3.03 Map Updates
- You can now shoot through Radianite crates,with appropriate weapons, from all angles.
- Previously, you could shoot through some crates from limited directions, but not others.
- Updated ziplines to allow the 'Use' key so you can detach at any point.
Players have long been demanding the ability to shoot through Radianite creates from all angles. Previously, players could shoot through some crates, but only from specific angles. The new update allows players to uniformly shoot through various Radianite crates.
- Added a system that enables us to automatically revert any AFK penalties applied to you in the event of unexpected server instability.
- Autobalance button added for custom games with > 6 players based on players' MMR.
- Improved the accuracy and responsiveness for the ping calculation.
- Ping stats now show both the average and the max ping values to help you better understand your networking conditions.
- The average value is calculated from multiple samples collected over a small interval of time—the max value is the largest value within that sample.
- Fixed a big where Killjoy’s turret was not affected by concuss.
- Astra’s Gravity Well from pulling people while they were attached to ascenders fixed.
- Fixed a bug where Astra could activate Dissipate while attached to ascenders.
- Fixed Boombot, Owl Drone, and Fakeout from destroying Sage’s Barrier Orb if placed in a way that overlapped a segment of the barrier wall.
The 3.03 update does not include changes to Yoru, something that Valorant players were expecting. The developers say certain resources to implement these changes are unavailable to them at the moment.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for the latest Valorant news and updates.