New formes, new moves and new mechanics are on the horizon.
Niantic has officially revealed that Origin Forme Dialga and Palkia will finally be coming to Pokémon GO. They will arrive during the previously announced Sinnoh Tour, taking place in February.
The pair, first debuted in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, will arrive with a whole new gameplay mechanic, Adventure Effects. These will be thanks to new Signature Attacks.
There had been speculation that these much requested Pokémon were likely to feature during the tour, but it is a relief to have confirmation that they will indeed finally be in the game.
How can I get Origin Forme Dialga and Palkia in Pokémon GO?
The only way to get Origin Forme Dialga and Palkia will be to play either (or both!) of the Sinnoh Tour events in February. The pair will first make their debut at the Sinnoh Tour's in person element in Los Angeles.
The last thirty minutes of each hour of the event will be a 'Space Time Anomaly' and feature both Origin Forme Dialga and Palkia, as well as other Pokémon from the Hisui region.
If you can't make it to Los Angeles, don't worry. You can also encounter these powerful 'mon. If you have friends going to Los Angeles, they can invite you to remotely raid at the event.
Trainers not attending Sinnoh Tour can partake in Origin Forme Dialga and Palkia raids during the Los Angeles Sinnoh Tour, but they won’t be able to encounter the shiny forms, or one that knows their Signature Attacks.
Otherwise, all trainers will be able to encounter Dialga and Palkia, with their shiny forms and Signature Attacks during the Global Sinnoh Tour. During the Global Tour, the Space Time Anomalies will be during the Ancient Grove and Geothermal Lagoon habitat hours.
What are Adventure Effects in Pokémon GO?
Adventure Effects are a new gameplay mechanic coming to Pokémon GO. Adventure Effects are temporary bonuses designed to help you in your Pokémon GO adventure, and are activated by powerful Pokémon attacks that may be used outside of battle.
At the moment, these will only be thanks to Roar of Time with Origin Forme Dialga, and Spacial Rend with Origin Forme Palkia. Additionally, this move will not be learnable even with an Elite TM.
Roar of Time
During the event, Origin Forme Dialga will have the Charged Attack Roar of Time. Trainers will be able to activate the Adventure Effect caused by Roar of Time by using 5,000 Stardust and 5 Dialga Candy.
- It will cause a disruption in time, and pause the timers of Incense, Daily Adventure Incense, Lucky Eggs and Star Pieces for 6 minutes.
- You can extend the timer for Roar of Time’s Adventure Effect in increments of 6 minutes by using more Stardust and Dialga Candy. The timer can be extended up to two hours each time each time you tap use, and you can tap use again to add additional time, for up to 24 hours in total.
- Once Roar of Time ends the timer will resume the countdown on your Incense, Daily Adventure Incense, Lucky Eggs and Star Pieces.
Additionally, Origin Forme Palkia will have the Charged Attack Spacial Rend. This will also cost 5,000 Stardust and 5 Palkia Candy to activate the associated Adventure Effect.
- It will cause a disruption in space, and for 10 minutes you will be able to encounter wild Pokémon at an increased distance.
- You can extend the timer for Spacial Rend’s Adventure Effect in increments of 10 minutes by using more Stardust and Palkia Candy. The timer can be extended up to two hours each time each time you tap use, and you can tap use again to add additional time, for up to 24 hours in total.
- Once Spacial Rend ends the timer will resume the encounter radius will return to normal.
These two Adventure Effects cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
Which of Origin Forme Dialga and Palkia will you choose?
Choosing the Diamond Version will grant you an encounter with Dialga. The Pearl Version will grant an encounter with Palkia.
Which will you choose?