Overwatch 2 maps Oasis and Antarctic disabled yet again due to bugs [FIXED]
Two Overwatch 2 maps are being looked at due to bugs, along with a number of other known issues since yesterday’s midseason patch update.
No game is bug-free, as evidenced by the first Heroes of the Storm patch in awhile now being on the PTR. However, it's far worse when multiple aspects of the game stop working. In the case of the Overwatch 2 maps Oasis and Antarctic Peninsula, Blizzard announced today that both maps are out of the full play rotation--for the time being.
This is the second time since the launch of Overwatch 2 that both maps have been disabled.
Editor's note, 7:23 p.m. EST: A hotfix was deployed and the maps are fixed.
A blue post made on the general discussion forums announced the disabling of both maps, along with a few other bugs plaguing the game since yesterday's patch. Let's look at the bug infestation keeping folks from booking their flights to Oasis and the Antarctic.
Overwatch 2 maps temporarily disabled
"We want to keep you up to date on some of the bugs and issues we’re aware of that are affecting the game," said the publisher in today's known bugs post. "This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather, this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release." For now, the reason why the Overwatch 2 maps are disabled related to broken jump pads.
For those of you in the know, you know that both these maps heavily feature and focus two sets of jump pads. On Oasis, the jump pad flanked by a mega health pack leads to a somewhat protected sniping spot. In the case of the Peninsula, two opposing jump pads hide within two caves as to provide a means of escape.
Other known bugs
Here's the full list of bugs known to the team that don't involve the plagued Overwatch 2 maps.
Current Issues - All Platforms
- We have disabled Oasis and Antarctica Peninsula as we investigate an issue with the jump pads not working in specific rounds of play.
- Investigating an issue where imported replays cannot unpin.
- Player Progression progress not earned when a Hero Mastery session force closes after 120 minutes of continuous play.
- Progression Level Icons currently do not change as you level up.
- Investigating an issue where a completed match gets marked as “Abandoned” in the Match History of the Career Profile
- Career Profile may not be updating correctly for console players, please click here to learn more.
- Some players are experiencing an LC-208 error, and the team is currently investigating a fix for this issue.
Current Issues - Steam
- Playing without the Steam Overlay will require the QR code flow for account creation and will block in-game purchases. Click here to find out how to turn on the Steam Overlay
We'll update this post once the problem gets its due solution.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for esports news and Overwatch updates.