How to get free Overwatch Coins
A guide on how to get free Overwatch Coins and how to earn Microsoft Rewards Points.
Overwatch 2 players can now get free Overwatch Coins by redeeming Microsoft Rewards Points. Read on for details.
Can you get Overwatch Coins for free?
You can get Overwatch Coins for free by redeeming Microsoft Rewards Points. Head to the Microsoft Rewards page and log in to your account. Click the "Redeem" tab. Then click on the "Overwatch Coins Digital Code" reward. Next, set your goal of how many Overwatch Coins you wish to earn.
- Visit the rewards page
- Press the "Redeem" tab
- Search for "Overwatch"
- Click on the "Overwatch Coins Digital Code" reward
- Set your goal and earn Microsoft Rewards Points
- Collect enough Microsoft Rewards Points for an Overwatch Coins Digital Code
- Enter the code into the "Redeem a Code" section of your Battle.net "Account Overview" page.
"Codes must be redeemed on or before December 31, 2023," according to Microsoft.
How much is 1,000 Overwatch Coins?
According to the website, 1,000 Overwatch Coins require redeeming 10,000 Microsoft Rewards Points. Previously, players were able to get 500 Overwatch Coins with 5,000 points and 200 Overwatch Coins with 1,800 points. These options are no longer available.
- 1,000 Overwatch Coins = 10,000 Microsoft Rewards Points
How to earn Microsoft Rewards Points
If you're new to the Microsoft Rewards Points system, then you'll go through a tutorial upon login. The tutorial earns you 75 points. Exit the tutorial and visit the main rewards page.
Under the "Earn" tab, there are several ways to earn points. There are three activities that refresh daily as well. When you complete a set of these, you go into a streak and can unlock streak bonuses. The amount of points you can earn may also vary by location.
Here's how you can earn more Microsoft Reward Points to get Overwatch Coins:
- Complete the tutorial
- Search with Bing on mobile or PC
- Do the three daily activities three days in a row
- Complete more activities such as quizzes and bonus quizzes
- Install the Microsoft Bing mobile app
- Earn points when you shop with Microsoft
- Get the Microsoft Rewards browser extension
What are Overwatch Coins?
Overwatch Coins refer to an in-game currency for Overwatch 2 players. These Coins can be used to buy an Overwatch 2 Premium Battle Pass alongside in-game cosmetics. If you have a Premium Battle Pass, you can use these Overwatch Coins to unlock the different in-game tiers as well.
In addition to getting these Coins via Microsoft Rewards Points, you can purchase them in the game itself or the Battle.net shop. It's $9.99 USD for 1,000 Overwatch Coins, which is also the amount needed to get the Premium Battle Pass.
Here's the cost of Overwatch Coins in USD:
- $4.99 USD = 500 Overwatch Coins
- $9.99 USD = 1,000 Overwatch Coins
- $19.99 USD = 2,200 Overwatch Coins (200 bonus)
- $49.99 USD = 5,700 Overwatch Coins (700 bonus)
- $99.99 USD = 11,600 Overwatch Coins (1,600 bonus)
That's all for now. Stay tuned on esports.gg for more news and updates!