The events are set to be a spectacle like never before as Supercell marks a return to in-person events.
Clash of Clans World Championship and the CRL World Finals are returning to Finland
Supercell’s main office is situated in Helsinki, Finland so the dual world championships in the city can be considered a sort of homecoming. The Clash of Clans World Championship Finals will feature eight teams competing for a share of the $1 million prize pool.
The CRL World Finals 2022, on the other hand, will witness 16 players battle it out for the crown and a share of the $1 million prize pool.
Both events will feature a live audience for the first time since the pandemic began. Supercell has said that more details about ticketing will be revealed in August.
Clash of Clans World Championship’s Final Qualifiers have also been revealed
To compete in the World Championship Finals, each team must get a Golden Ticket. For 2022, Supercell has tied up with community tournament organizers to hand out four of the eight Golden Tickets. The remaining four Golden Tickets through the official Supercell qualifiers – the details of which have been revealed.
The Championship Qualifiers are a global competition that will happen across four stages. Registrations for it will be live in the in-game tournament hub from August 3 to 10. Clan leaders will be able to enroll their clan and select five players to compete. The players must be Town Hall 14 and at least 16 years old.
The four stages are as follows:
- Stage 1: Ladder
- It will happen from Aug. 10 to 20.
- Here, the registered teams will be put into a ladder and can play up to six matches during a 24-hour period.
- The top 64 teams from here will advance to Stage 2.
- Stage 2: Double-elimination
- It will take place on Aug. 27.
- The 64 teams will battle in a double-elimination bracket with the top 16 making it to Stage 3.
- Stage 3: Swiss
- It will happen on Sept. 3.
- In this stage, the 16 teams will play up to five wars.
- The eight teams that win three wars will make it to the final stage of the qualifiers.
- Stage 4: Double-elimination
- It will happen on Sept. 10.
- For the final stage, Supercell is once again returning to the double-elimination format.
- The eight teams will compete in a double-elimination bracket to determine the four teams that will get the Golden Tickets to the Clash of Clans World Championship Finals.
Stages two, three, and four of the competition will be broadcasted on Clash of Clans’ Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook handles. Teams will earn a prize pool in Stages three and four as well.
CRL World Finals Qualifiers also revealed
Similar to the Clash of Clans World Championship, Supercell has teamed up with community organizers to give out some of the Golden Tickets to the CRL World Finals 2022. Community tournaments will give out six of the 16 Golden Tickets. The other 10 can be earned through the official qualifiers.
The CRL World Finals Qualifiers will also happen across five stages along with a last-chance qualifier (LCQ). These are as follows:
- Stage one: 20-win challenge (Aug. 6 to 11)
- All players will be able to participate in this challenge. Completing it will make players eligible for stage two.
- Stage two: Ladder (Aug. 15 to 20)
- The qualified players will compete on a ladder where they can play up to 10 matches.
- The top 128 players from here will make it to Stage three.
- Stage three: Double elimination (Aug. 27)
- The 128 players will battle in a double-elimination bracket with the top 32 making it to Stage four.
- Stage four: Swiss (Sept. 3)
- The 32 players will compete across five rounds with players that win three matches making it to Stage five. Sixteen players will qualify.
- Stage five: Swiss (Sept. 10)
- The fifth stage will follow a similar format to the previous stage.
- The top eight players will get the Golden Ticket to the CRL World Finals 2022. The other eight players will get another chance through the LCQ.
- LCQ (Sept. 11)
- The eight players will compete in a single-elimination bracket with the top two getting the final two tickets to the CRL World Finals 2022.