League of Legends patch 13.5 notes: Yuumi recieves rework
Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming League of Legends patch 13.5.
League of Legends patch 13.5 will roll out on March 8 according to the official League of Legends patch schedule. With the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational just over a month away, Riot is looking to make the game as polished as it can be ahead of the first international event of the year.
There are many changes coming in 13.5, including two major changes to both Yuumi and Azir. With MSI just around the corner, it will be interesting to see how the competitive scene adapts given the popularity of both champions.
League of Legends patch 13.5 release date
The release date for League of Legends patch 13.5 is March 8. This will be the final patch before Riot starts preparation for the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational - the first international event of the year for the competitive scene.
League of Legends MSI 2023: Dates, venue, tickets, and more
Here is everything you need to know about the 2023 Mid-Season Invitational.
League of Legends patch 13.5 notes
As is the case with every League of Legends patch, the developers like to give the fans an early taster into what is coming to the beloved MOBA. Matt Leung-Harrison, the Lead Designer for League of Legends has posted what is to come in patch 13.5, with many changes to champions expected.
Here are all the changes coming in the next patch:
Image courtesy of Riot Games
- Health Growth: 84 > 69
- Base Mana: 400 > 440
Passive - Feline Friendship:
- New-Base Armor: When Yuumi's spells or attacks affect champions, she heals herself and charges a heal for her allies. If she attaches within the next 4 seconds, she brings the heal to her ally as well. While attached, this effect automatically occurs.
- New-Making Friends: While attached, Yuumi builds Friendship whenever her Ally kills enemy champions and minions. Each ally has their own unique Friendship score. While attached to her Best Friend, Yuumi’s abilities gain bonus effects.
- Cooldown: 20-10 seconds (levels 1-11)
- Heal Amount: 25-110 (+15% AP) (levels 1-18)
- Pouncing Passive: While Yuumi’s passive is ready her auto attack range is increased by 50
Q - Prowling Projectile:
- Ability Description: Yuumi fires a missile that slows the first enemy hit. If cast while attached, Yuumi can control the missile for a short period before it becomes empowered, greatly accelerating and slowing enemies by an increased amount.
- Best Friend Bonus: This ability’s slow will always be empowered and hitting enemy champions also grants 10/12/14/16/18/20 (+10% AP) on-hit damage to her ally for 5 seconds. This damage is increased by up to 75% based on her ally's Critical Strike Chance.
- Cooldown: 7.5/7.25/7.0/6.75/6.5/6.25 seconds
- Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70/75
- Damage: 60/90/120/150/180/210 (+20% AP)
- Slow: 20% for 1 second
- Best Friend Empowered Damage: 80/140/200/260/320/380 (+35% AP)
- Best Friend Empowered Slow: 55/60/65/70/75/80% decaying over 2 seconds to 20%
- Projectile Missile Width: 65 > 60
- New-Eyes like a Cat: Hitting an enemy with Yuumi’s Q now reveals them.
W - You and Me!:
- Removed-Adaptive Force Bonus: Yuumi and her attached ally will no longer receive adaptive force bonus stats
- Removed-Was UnfAery: Yuumi’s W no longer counts as a “Positive Boon” for Summon Aery
- Best Friend Bonus: Yuumi gains an additional 10-20% heal and shield power (based on Ally level) and her Best Friend gains 3/5/7/9/11 (+4% AP) on-hit healing. This is affected by Yuumi's heal and shield power.
E - Zoomies:
- New-Trading Heals for Shields: Now shields allies instead of healing
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
- Shield Strength: 90/120/150/180/210 (+30% AP)
- Movement Speed Bonus: Allies receive a 20% movement speed bonus while Yuumi’s E shield persists (until shield is broken or decays after 3 seconds)
- Attack Speed Bonus: 35% (+8% per 100 AP)
- Anchor Mana Restoration: Yuumi restores 20/24/28/32/36 Mana to her Anchor (not herself), increased by up to 100% based on their missing Mana (30% to 80% missing mana).
- A Helping Paw: E - Zoomies! does not have a Best Friend bonus because Yuumi should be able to save all her allies
R - Final Chapter:
- Ability Description: For 3.5 seconds, Yuumi fires 5 magical waves that affect enemies and allies. If cast while attached, Yuumi can steer the waves to follow her mouse. For ally champions, the waves heal. The heal is increased by 130% on her Best Friend. All excess healing is converted to a shield, lasting 3 seconds after the ability ends. For all enemies, the waves deal damage and apply a stacking slow.
- Cooldown: 110/100/90 seconds > 120/110/100 seconds
- Magic Damage per Wave: 60/80/100 (+20% AP) > 75/100/125 (+20% AP)
- Heal per Wave: 35/50/65 (+15% AP)
- Slow Duration: 1.25 seconds
- Slow Amount: 10% + 10% additive per wave hit (maximum of 50% slow)
- Best Friend Bonus: Waves also grant Yuumi's Best Friend 20/40/60 (+10% AP) Armor and Magic Resistance for the duration of the spell.
- W - Infernal Chains: Cooldown: 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds > 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- Slow: 25% at all ranks > 25/27.5/30/32.5/35%
- Q - Ranger's Focus: Slow: 25% at all ranks > 25/27.5/30/32.5/35%
- Empowered Duration: 4 seconds > 6 seconds
- W - Volley: Physical Damage: 20/35/50/65/80 (+ 100% AD) > 10/25/40/55/70 (+ 100% AD)
- R - Enchanted Crystal Arrow: Cooldown: 80/70/60 > 100/80/60
- HP per level reduced from 100 > 95
- Armor per level reduced from 4.6 > 4.3
- Q - Breath of Light: Burst Proc Damage: 20 - 40 (based on level) (+ 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80) (+ 40% AP) (+ (0.031% Stardust stacks) of target maximum health > 20 - 40 (based on level) (+ 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80) (+ 35% AP) (+ (0.031% Stardust stacks) of target maximum health
Azir - Champion adjustments
- Base Health: 622 > 550
- Armor Growth: 4.2 > 5
- Base Mana: 380 > 320
- Mana Growth: 36 > 40
- Attack Damage Growth: 2.8 > 3.5
- Base Attack Speed: 0.625
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.625 > 0.694
- Attack Speed Growth: 3% >5%
Passive: Shurima's Legacy
- Duration: 60 seconds > 30 seconds
- Damage: 150 (+4 per minute) (+15% AP) physical damage > 230-410 (based on level) (+40% AP) magic damage
- Removed Bonus Damage to Champions: 37.5% bonus damage > 0% bonus damage
- newSpell-cial Effects: Azir’s Sun Disc will now apply Azir’s spell effects as a single-target spell
- Sun Disc Health: 2550 > 3000
- Sun Disc Armor: 60 (+1 per minute) > 30-90 (based on level)
- Sun Disc Magic Resist: 100 (+1 per minute) > 30-90 (based on level)
- Sun Disc Debuff: Loses 100 armor while Azir is far away or dead > Loses 100 armor and magic resist while Azir is far away or dead
- Cooldown: 180 seconds > 90 seconds (Note: Cooldown begins after the Sun Disc falls.)
- Bugfix: Azir’s Sun Disc will no longer lose Armor and Magic Resist while Azir is untargetable
Q: Conquering Sands
- Magic Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+30% AP) > 60/80/100/120/140 (+35% AP)
- Mana Cost: 55 > 65/70/75/80/85
W - Arise!
- Slower Soldiers: 15/25/35/45/55% passive attack speed > 50/60/70/80/90 additional magic damage
- Total Magic Damage: 50-150 (based on level) (+55% AP) > 50-200
- Removed Three’s NOT a Party: Bonus attack speed granted while Azir has 3 soldiers spawned has been removed
E - Shifting Sands
- Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+ 55% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+ 40% AP)
- Base Armor: 28 > 27
- Base Attack Damage: 62 > 60
- W - Seastone Trident: Mana Restored: 20/28/36/44/52 ⇒ 30/40/50/60/70
- E - Playful/Trickster: Magic Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+90% AP) > 80/130/180/230/280 (+90% AP)
- Mana Cost: 90/95/100/105/110 ⇒ 75/80/85/90/95
- Passive - Trial by Fire: Bonus True Damage: 55-310 (+ 100% bonus AD) (+ 0-200 based on critical chance) > 50-250 (+ 100% bonus AD) (+ 0-200 based on critical chance)
- E - Powder Keg: New-Kegs Ahoy!: All players will now be able to see the number of kegs Gangplank has available beneath his mana bar.
- Attack Speed Growth: 1% > 1.36%
- W - Zap!: Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 > 40/45/50/55/60
- Slow: 30/40/50/60/70% > 40/50/60/70/80%
- R - Super Mega Death Rocket: Damage Cap Against Monsters: 800 > 1200
- Q - Thundering Shuriken: Cooldown: 8/7/6/5/4 seconds > 7/6.25/5.5/4.75/4 seconds
- Magic Damage: 75/120/165/210/255 (+ 75% AP) > 75/125/175/225/275 (+ 85% AP)
- W - Electrical Surge: New-Shock Zone: A range indicator will be visible to Kennen when an enemy champion becomes marked.
- E - Lightning Rush: Damage to Minions Modifier: 50% > 65%
- Q - Edge of Ixtal/Elemental Wrath: Physical Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+75% bonus AD) > 50/85/120/155/190 (+75% bonus AD)
- E - Audacity: Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds > 11/10/9/8/7 seconds
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 > 2.75
- Q - Powerball: Magic Damage: 100/130/160/190/220 (+100% AP) > 100/125/150/175/200 (+100% AP)
Rumble - Top lane
- E - Electro Harpoon: Magic Resist Shred on One Harpoon Hit: 10% > 12/14/16/18/20%
- Magic Resist Shred on Two Harpoons Hit: 20% > 24/28/32/36/40%
- Passive: Daredevil Impulse: Movement Speed per Stack: 1/2/3/4% per stack (maxed out at 6-24%) > 2/2.5/3/3.5% per stack (maxed out at 12-21%)
- Health Growth: 112 > 115
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.7 > 4
- Passive - Contaminate AP ratio per stack of E - Deadly Venom reduced from 35% to 30%
- E - Bladecaller: Physical Damage: 55/65/75/85/95 (+60% bonus AD) > 50/60/70/80/90 (+60% bonus AD)
- E - Mourning Mist: Ghoul Bonus Damage: 40% ⇒ 30%
The reasons for Yuumi and Azir changes
Patch 13.5 is highlighted by two major changes to champions, Azir and Yuumi. For Yuumi, this is a long time coming with the playerbase left frustrated at the current state of Yuumi. And while Riot are not one hundred percent certain the changes to Yuumi will resolve their problems, they believe it is a big step in the right direction.
Azir has been in a weird state for some time. In the competitive scene, the mid laner is thriving with its consistent presence across major regions. For soloqueue, however, the results have not been the same. The aim for these changes are to bring Azir back to a balaced state between competitive play and online solo queue.
Stay tuned to Esports.gg for the latest League of Legends news and updates.
Editor | Twitter @MarnMedia
Jordan "Marn" Marney is an esports journalist from across the pond. Marn specialises in telling stories about League of Legends and Call of Duty. Marn has been a passionate esports fan since 2014 and has written for publications Unikrn, Esports Network, ESTNN and The United Stand.