After much anticipation, the Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z update is officially here! Check out our break down of everything that’s included!
The most anticipated Fortnite collaboration has finally arrived after months of speculation and excitement from the community. Epic Games unveiled the Fortnite x Dragon Ball Super partnership this morning, offering players more in-game perks, quests, items, and skins than ever before. Fortnite fans have never seen a crossover of this magnitude, and there's a lot to cover.
Here is everything you need to know about the Fortnite x Dragon Ball Super collaboration following its revelation and official launch this morning.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Super skins are now available; Goku, Vegeta, & more
First and foremost, we must cover the skins that Fortnite and Dragon Ball Z fans have been waiting for since the initial leaks surfaced. This collaboration features a revamped item shop with several iconic Dragon Ball characters, including Goku, Bulma, Vegeta, and Beerus. Additionally, you can acquire other cosmetic items, such as pickaxes, emotes, and gliders.
Here is a list of every Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z item shop offering available now:
- Son Goku with Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue, and Ultra Instinct alternate styles
- Goku's Power Pole (Nyoibo) Back Bling
- Vegeta with Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue, and Super Saiyan Blue Evolved alternate styles
- Beerus with The Seer Fish Back Bling
- Kamesennin's Shell Back Bling
- Power Pole (Nyoibo) Pickaxe
- Kamesennin's Staff Pickaxe
- Fusion! Hah!!! Emote
- Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) Glider
- Boosting Ki Emote
- Space Pod Glider
- Charging Up Emote
Quests to unlock XP and exclusive cosmetic items
The Fortnite x Dragon Ball Super update introduced the Dragon Ball Power Unleashed questline for players. For no extra cost, players can jump into Fortnite and raise their power level by completing specific challenges. After collecting seven Dragon Balls via this questline, you will unlock the Shenron Glider. Each completed quest yields between 2M and 5M toward your power level.
Here is a list of the Dragon Ball Power Unleashed Fortnite challenges:
- Open Capsule Corp capsules
- Collect the Nimbus Cloud or the Kamehameha in different matches
- Visit a familiar training location
- Purchase an item from a Dragon Ball vending machine
- Destroy objects with a Kamehameha
- Travel distance riding a Nimbus Cloud
- Emote at the Rave Cave
- Watch Dragon Ball Super in Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival
- Destroy couches or beds
- Damage enemy player with a Kamehameha
- Damage an enemy player before taking damage in different matches
- Win a Versus Battle
- Join a Versus Battle in different matches x 3
- Sprint distance in a Versus Battle
- Damage an opponent with a grenade in a Versus Battle
- Collect Dragon Balls by completing quests to unlock the Shenron Glider
You can now use the Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud in-game
Epic Games added two new Mythic items to this new Fortnite x Dragon Ball Z collaboration. The first is the Kamehameha—a famous finishing attack from the anime series. This maneuver is Goku's signature, and in Fortnite, it allows players to send the energy wave attack and deal significant damage.
Secondly, we have the Nimbus Cloud item—a mode of transportation in the Dragon Ball universe. From a Fortnite perspective, the Mythic Nimbus Cloud gadget functions similarly to the Witch's Broom or Silver Surfer's Surfboard. Essentially, the Nimbus Cloud launches you into the air upon activation and grants you a glider redeploy. You can purchase both items from the Bulma NPC at the Kame House for 250 gold.
Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival
You might have noticed some of the quests above reference the Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival. To expand on that, Fortnite x Dragon Ball Super allows players to watch episodes from the Dragon Ball Super series in-game. From August 16 until September 17, you can watch six episodes by visiting the Dragon Ball Super Episode Festival in the in-game 'Discover' menu. Soon, you will also have the chance to select individual episodes.
Fortnite x Dragon Ball Super Adventure Island creative map
Lastly, we have the Dragon Ball Adventure Island creative map due to release on August 19. This experience tasks players with collecting Dragon Balls. Furthermore, you can attempt the Nimbus Cloud ring course, prepare food at Goku's house, complete an obstacle course, and 1v1 an opponent in the Tenkaichi Budokai.