Here is EVERYTHING new in the Fortnite v28.10 update, including Solid Snake, LEGO Fortnite changes, and more!
Fortnite has received its first significant update since before Epic Games' annual winter break. Many have awaited changes to LEGO Fortnite, Battle Royale, and more to keep the game fresh in Chapter 5 Season 1. Those updates arrived today following a lengthy downtime period. Here is a complete list of Fortnite v28.10 patch notes.
Solid Snake is now unlockable following Fortnite v28.10 update
Solid Snake is officially unlockable after appearing as a bonus character in Chapter 5 Season 1. The iconic Metal Gear Solid character comes with a list of Quests and additional cosmetic items.
Below is a list of the Quests and what each one unlocks upon completion:
- Hide in a Cardboard Box for 10 seconds (0/10) – Unlocks Lying in Wait Loading Screen
- Damage opponents within 10 meters (0/250) – Unlocks Stun Knife Pickaxe
- Deal damage with explosives (0/50) – Unlocks Solid Profile Spray
- Damage opponents with Assault Rifles (0/500) – Unlocks ! Emote
- Break security cameras or turrets (0/2) – Unlocks ! Banner Icon
- Complete Page One Quests (0/5) – Unlocks Solid Snake Outfit
- Damage opponents with a weapon that has a suppressor (0/2500) – Unlocks Tactical Advantage Loading Screen
- Use EMP Stealth Camo (0/3) – Unlocks Metal Gear Mk. II Back Bling
- Use a hiding spot in different matches (0/5) – Unlocks Hidden? Emoticon
- Assist in opening Vaults or hack Train Heist Chests (0/3) – Unlocks Slider Glider
- Damage different enemy players before they damage you (0/10) – Unlocks Snake Skin Wrap
- Complete Page Two Quests (0/5) – Unlocks Old Snake Outfit
NEW Metal Gear Solid items: EMP Stealth Camo and Cardboard Box
The Metal Gear Solid collaboration has introduced two new items into the game: the EMP Stealth Camo and Cardboard Box. The former allows you to activate invisibility every 30 seconds. It lasts 20 seconds before entering a cooldown period.
On the other hand, the Cardboard Box is what it seems. It allows you to channel your inner Solid Snake and hide from enemies in an inconspicuous box. Both items are available in the usual spots, including Chests and as floor loot.
Leaked skins and cosmetics in Fortnite v28.10
Fortnite expands upon the Metal Gear Solid collaboration with the addition of Raiden, according to various leakers in the scene. This character was the protagonist of Metal Gear Solid 2 and appeared in various other games in the series.
More leaks have confirmed several other skins that will soon arrive following the Fortnite v28.10 update, including more from Family Guy and even Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
LEGO Fortnite updates
Below is a complete list of changes made to LEGO Fortnite in the v28.10 update.
- You can now eat while moving!
- You'll no longer automatically pick up tools (and accidentally fill your inventory with things you might not want!).
- Crossbow arrows now have a slightly lower speed and more natural arc when shot.
- Added the ability to ping locations in a world.
- Depositing items in Chests will now stack them together. This also works for dragging and dropping them in Chests or using the quick deposit actions.
- Who's there? Villagers can now open doors.
- To better fit in with their environment, Rams now have more Health.
- Thrusters, Balloons, Switches, and Wheels now give resources back when destroyed. (This only works for Thrusters, Balloons, Switches, and Wheels placed after this update. Current ones will not drop resources.)
- Fried Eggs take less time to eat.
- We've also adjusted the recipe for a Fried Egg and the effects of eating one.
- Reduced number of eggs required from 2 to 1.
- Reduced fullness gained from 8 to 5.
- Reduced hearts gained from 5 to 4.
- Eating food with a lower-value Stamina regen buff no longer overrides a higher-value buff you already have.
- Fixed an issue where food wouldn't fill the correct amount of hunger while playing with certain game languages selected.
- Fixed an issue where other players joining your world would spawn far away from everyone else.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes spawn in or under buildings.
- You'll no longer spawn on top of a cave after exiting LEGO Fortnite inside of one.
- The "Respawn" button now works consistently.
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented players from jumping after respawning.
- Chests no longer appear floating in the air when you load into a world.
- Boulders no longer change location when you load into a world.
- Destroyed Crafting Stations no longer reappear sometimes when you load into a world.
- Attacks will hit and damage enemies more consistently.
- Sheep, cows, and chickens will no longer walk over fences.
- Nearby creatures will no longer accidentally get eliminated when a player does.
- Items you've stored in Chests are no longer sometimes invisible to other players.
- Fixed an issue where some players couldn't discover the Storage Chest recipe correctly.
- Villagers will now actually do their "Metal Smelter" job if assigned it!
- The Village Square will no longer get accidentally destroyed when you destroy something next to it.
- Fixed an issue where Stations could lose the items they've processed during rain.
- Fixed an issue where the Grasslands sometimes made players too hot or too cold in areas near the Dry Valley or Frostlands.
- Fixed an issue on mobile where you couldn't eat food after picking up a crate.
- Fixed an issue where some cacti weren't dropping resources when destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some stumps couldn't be damaged.
- When starting a new world, Brite Bomber or Cuddle Team Leader will now follow you to your campsite even if you wander off. They'll now also properly appear every time when starting a new world.
- Players are no longer launched too high when they jump-attack on a geyser.
- Fixed an issue where you sometimes couldn't sprint.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE UPDATES in Fortnite v28.10
- Frame rate is improved when looking at water.
- Added a new message that says your world is closing and starting back up again (when you leave and rejoin a world too quickly).
- Improved stability so that crashes aren't as likely.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the loading screen when loading into a world.
- Supply Drops will now fall more naturally and no longer get stuck in the air.
- Large builds are now more stable and less likely to break apart.
- Fixed an issue where breaking off chunks of a large build would cause them to fall through the ground and disappear.
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Foundations would sometimes go backwards when pushed.
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Foundations would sometimes refuse to move when you loaded back into your world.
- Dynamic Foundations no longer get out of sync for other players in the world.
- Fixed an issue where Wheels would shift from their attach point or disappear when moving across the world.
- Travelling long distances with Balloons and Thrusters no longer accidentally breaks off pieces.
- Fixed an issue where moving objects would jitter and knock players off of them.
- Pushing objects like logs is now more predictable, with less object stutters.
- You can now remove shared worlds from your "Shared Worlds" list.
- There's now a button to let world owners remove other players from their world and/or remove their key.
- Adjusted several UI screens on mobile to improve the layout and button sizes for touch controls.
- Added more icons to the HUD on mobile for using specific items.
- The "All Items" menu is now easier to get to in Sandbox Mode.
- Resolved an issue with the Village UI sometimes showing the wrong Village Level.
Fortnite Rocket Racing changes in v28.10 patch
Rocket Racing joined the action with the Fortnite v28.10 update, adding two new advanced tracks and customizable trails while fixing various bugs and gameplay issues.
Improved Mobile Touch Controls
- The D-pad, as well as the accelerate, Turbo, air dodge, and jump buttons, have all received visual and usability improvements.
- Auto Accelerate is now enabled. It can be toggled on or off.
- To stop, you now press and hold the brake button. Once you reach 0 on the speedometer, you’ll start to reverse.
Major Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Improved overall CPU performance, especially on lower-end devices.
- Sitting idle during a race will now put the player back in the Lobby.
- Car collision is now less severe. We’ll continue to improve this interaction over future updates.
- Air dodging is now smoother when landing.
- Have the pre-race jitters? You can now wiggle and swivel the camera before a race!
- The “Invert Steer Method” setting, which inverts steering controls when upside down, now properly remains enabled when changed.
- Fixed an issue related to players getting stuck post-race.
- Fixed an issue on Android that prevented players from switching languages.