Spring Breakout 2023 is here in Fortnite!
Fortnite patch v24.10 went live a day later than expected, and it packs a punch. This “Spring Break 2023” update has all the goodies fans have come to anticipate over the years, including Quests, free cosmetics, limited-time items, and much more.
Here’s our comprehensive breakdown of Fortnite patch v24.10.
Complete Spring Break Quests to unlock free cosmetics
Various challenges have become available to players via Fortnite patch v24.10. Many of the Quests carry rewards for completing them. A new challenge will unlock occasionally, so refer to your Fortnite Quest tracker for more information.
Here is a list of the Spring Break Quest rewards:
- Quest Reward on Day 1: Bloomback Sack Back Bling
- Day 7: Shell Smash Spray
- Day 9: The Works Loading Screen
- The 14th Day features the A Spring Breakout Banner Icon
- Complete 12 Quests to earn the Nannerbloom Hammer Pickaxe
- Complete 22 Quests to unlock the New Spring Flyer Glider
Fortnite’s Spring Break Quests are live starting March 29 until April 11 at 12 a.m. EST.
New items, returning items, and Reality Augments in Fortnite patch v24.10
The yearly Spring update typically brings some seasonal tidbits, and this one is no different. Fortnite patch v24.10 introduces three Egg items you can use to enhance your gameplay experience. These spawn in via colored chickens you will find around the map.
Here’s a description of each new Egg item per Fortnite’s blog post:
- Heal Eggs: These green eggs restore your Health and Shield slowly over time.
- Hop Eggs: These blue eggs temporarily give you a low gravity effect and also give you Health.
- Golden Eggs: Grant you gold bars.
On top of the Egg items, Epic Games has brought back the Egg Launcher and added five new Reality Augments.
- Rail Warrior: Regenerate Health and partial Shield while on grind rails or ziplines, except while in the Storm.
- Go For Broke: Grants a Charge Shotgun and Flintknock Pistol.
- Aquatic Warrior: Move faster and regenerate Health and partial Shield while swimming, except while in the Storm.
- Game Time: Grants the Pizza Party and some Chug Splashes!
- Springtime Blowout: Grants an Egg Launcher.
Specialist Characters are here to help
The last notable inclusion in Fortnite patch v24.10 is four new characters ready and willing to help. Two of each new “Specialist” appear around the map, offering various services from healing to artillery.
This is what each character offers:
- Scout Specialist: Fires upon enemies from range and can ping nearby enemies and Chests.
- Heavy Specialist: Can sustain considerable damage and brings an arsenal of explosive weapons.
- Supply Specialist: Drops ammo and building materials.
- Medical Specialist: Heals you with Chug Splashes.
Bug fixes in Fortnite v24.10
- Fixed the issue involving players being asked to install Save the World even if they already had it installed.
- Fixed the issue with the Kinetic Blade's Knockback Slash that prevented the owner from taking fall damage. (Note: The Dash Attack will still prevent fall damage.)
- Fixed an issue that was capping some mobile devices to 60 FPS despite 90 FPS being available.
- The grind rail interaction button no longer has a delay on mobile devices.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable Ziplines in Party Royale. Ziplines have been re-enabled in Party Royale.
Gameplay improvements and adjustments
- Building and editing sensitivity added for keyboard and mouse
- Improved the handling turn radius of the Rogue Bike vehicle at higher speeds.
Fortnite patch v24.10 is now live! Be sure to jump into the game and see what’s new.