Fortnite Star Wars Day welcomes back Lightsabers, unveils new Quests and more in patch v20.30.
Fortnite Star Wars Day is here just in time for the annual May 4th celebration. Epic Games initially partnered with the legendary film franchise in 2019 to promote Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The two parties collaborated again in 2020 but skipped 2021 entirely. Today, Lightsabers and Stormtrooper Blasters returned in Chapter 3 Season 2, for players to enjoy.
The Star Wars Day collaboration starts now and concludes on May 17th. Here’s everything you need to know about the latest update.
The Jedi’s Weapon & E-11 Blaster exit the Vault for Star Wars Day
In case it’s not clear — Lightsabers are back! As a result, players that queue into Fortnite following patch v20.30 will find various colored weapons reflecting the Jedi Master or Sith Lord who wielded it. The statistics are the same across the board. Regardless, Lightsabers provide a fun dynamic to the typical Battle Royale landscape.
Here is a list of famous Star Wars Lightsabers you will find in-game:
- Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber
- Kylo Ren’s Lightsaber
- Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber
- Mace Windu’s Lightsaber
Beyond Lightsabers, the famous E-11 Blaster has also made its triumphant return. You can acquire this weapon from Chests, on the ground or by exchanging Gold Bars with Imperial Stormtrooper NPCs on the Island.
Complete Star Wars Day Quests to Earn Empire Banner
Epic Games revealed a set of quests alongside the Fortnite Star Wars Day celebration. Like the event itself, these challenges are available to complete from May 3rd until May 17th. After finishing five tasks, you can unlock the Empire Banner (pictured above).
Here is a list of the Fortnite Star Wars Day quests:
- Survive storm phases while carrying a Lightsaber
- Damage opponents within 30 meters using the E-11 Blaster Rifle
- Complete a Bounty from a Stormtrooper
- Drive a vehicle under Chonker’s Speedway or Logjam Lumberyard to a Stormtrooper checkpoint
- Land at a Stormtrooper checkpoint, then place top 25
- Block hits using a Lightsaber
Iconic Skins to Return for Star Wars Day
It wouldn’t be a true Fortnite x Star Wars collaboration without cosmetic outfits. The Battle Royale title has seen many recognizable characters become playable in the game. These skins returned ahead of May 4th except for Battle Pass-exclusive The Mandalorian.
Here are all the characters you can purchase via the Item Shop until May 17th:
- Imperial Stormtrooper
- Kylo Ren
- Zorii Bliss
- Sith Trooper
- Boba Fett
- Fennec Shand
Other Notable Updates in Patch v20.30
There is more to Fortnite’s latest update beyond Star Wars Day—everything from map changes to new funding efforts.
- The Resistance won the Battle of Rocky Reels.
- Players can now fund the Armored Battle Bus and Turrets at this point of interest.
- Tilted Towers is the newest battleground for The Resistance and Imagined Order (IO).
- Huntsman Saber NPC has relocated to the IO Blimp above Tilted Towers.
- Funding stations for Fortnite’s helicopters, known as Choppas, are now available at Seven Outposts.
Shotguns Rebalanced in Patch v20.30
Fortnite Star Wars Day brought some changes to every Shotgun this season. Headshot damage has increased across the board. Furthermore, Epic adjusted the maximum damage statistic.
Here are the stat adjustments per Epic’s blog post:
- Minimum pellet-hit count increased from 3 to 4 for the Striker Pump Shotgun, Auto Shotgun, and Drum Shotgun.
- Striker Pump Shotgun and Auto Shotgun pellet damage and headshot damage increased.
- Ranger Shotgun and Drum Shotgun headshot damage greatly increased, but no change to base pellet damage.
- Drum Shotgun damage falloff adjusted, shortening effective range.
Fortnite patch v20.30 is the most robust update of the season thus far. Jump into a match and experience everything starting today!