Japanese pop singer Gen Hoshino stars in his own Fortnite Soundwave Series concert from June 9 to June 12 in-game.
Japanese pop sensation Gen Hoshino is the next artist to collaborate with Fortnite Battle Royale. Following performances by Tones and I and Emicida, Gen Hoshino bursts into the Soundwave Series on June 9, just after Chapter 3 Season 3 arrives. Epic Games refers to Gen Hoshino’s Fortnite Soundwave Series event as a “soulful performance.” Here’s everything you need to know.
Fortnite Soundwave Series featuring Gen Hoshino
Gen Hoshino began creating music in 2000, mainly in the pop genre. Since then, the 41-year-old has earned numerous Japanese award nominations and wins during an illustrious 22-year career. A few months back, Epic Games teased a collaboration with a J-Pop sensation ahead of the Emicida Soundwave Series concert. Now, the Gen Hoshino concert is official as part of the Fortnite Soundwave Series.
How to watch the concert & earn a free spray
Beginning June 9 at 8 AM EST, Fortnite players can experience the interactive show that creative team 3D Lab has to offer. The show will repeatedly air for 72 hours until June 12 at 8 AM EST.
To watch the concert, you’ll want to locate the Fortnite Soundwave Series playlist in the “Discover” tab or input this creative island code: 6831-7094-7130. Furthermore, players can witness the event via picture-in-picture while in other game modes.
Here are the times you can utilize the picture-in-picture option:
- Thursday, June 9, at 8 AM EST
- Friday, June 10, at 3 PM EST
- Saturday, June 11, at 2 PM EST
Those who complete the Soundwave Series Gen Hoshino concert will receive additional XP along the way and a free Gen Hoshino spray (pictured above).
Tips for content creators during the Soundwave Series event
Here are some helpful hints for content creators looking to post about the concert per Epic Games’ blog post:
- You can host VOD content from the Gen Hoshino show on YouTube and monetize it for seven days, and no takedown notifications should occur during this time.
- In order to monetize their Gen Hoshino show content, SAC members need to link their YouTube and Support-A-Creator accounts.
- IMPORTANT: When uploading the content to YouTube, be sure to upload it as Unlisted or Public. If you upload the video as Private, it is possible you could receive a monetization claim on your video
- For uploading the content on other platforms, refer to the channel’s platform policies for tips on how to avoid copyright strikes.
- Not in SAC? Don’t worry, you can still share your highlights from the experience. However, you will not be able to monetize this content on YouTube.
It’s also worth noting that the Fortnite Soundwave Series Gen Hoshino experience features flashing lights. So, you might want to skip the event entirely for those with photosensitivity issues.
Next up on the Soundwave Series tour is French-Malian singer Aya Nakamura. We anticipate this event will occur in Chapter 3 Season 3 also. Be sure to check back for more information.