Patch 7.34 is here and it delivered a TON of massive changes and reworks. Check out the summary here!
After a fun and chaotic period of deciphering emojis, Valve finally drops the highly-anticipated TI12 (comprehensible) patch today - Patch 7.34. There are tons and we mean TONS of changes to heroes including the typical stat tweaks and ability reworks. Check out the summary of Patch 7.34 below.
Patch 7.34 reworks draft order in Captain's Mode
Valve decided to meddle with the prestigious Captain's Mode - THE game format that the biggest tournaments use. The draft order has been changed from:
- 2-3-2 bans
- 2-2-1 picks
To the new draft order:
- 3-2-2 bans (First pick)
- 4-1-2 bans (Second pick)
- 1-3-1 picks (Both)
This here might not be important for average Dota 2 players. But Captain's Mode is significant for the competitive scene and can impact team drafting performances in the future.
New stat: Slow Resistance
A new stat arrives in Patch 7.34 called the Slow Resistance which "reduces the impact of slows on your hero by a percentage."
A similar stat to Magic Resistance and Status Resistance, the Slow Resistance stat makes you less affected by spells that slow you down. With the addition of Slow Resistance, Status Resistance no longer affects the impact of slows, only the duration.
With Black King Bar and Magic Immunity nerfed in this new era, spells that slow you down such as Jakiro's Dual Breath and Lich's Frost Blast are extremely frustrating to deal with. The Slow Resistance is here to help counter those spells!
Patch 7.34 General changes: Roshan, Outposts, more
Killing Roshan used to switch all Watchers on the map to your side, giving your team plenty of vision. But Patch 7.34 removes that effect. The two Main Jungle Watchers on both Radiant and Dire are moved to different locations. Both Outposts in the Jungle are moved to the triangle of both sides. Scan now also holds two charges.
Item changes in Patch 7.34
Smoke of Deceit
Armlet of Mordiggian
Crystalys - Daedalus
Hand of Midas
Maelstrom - Mjollnir
Monkey King Bar
Skull Basher - Abyssal Blade
Veil of Discord
One of the biggest item changes is on the Linken's Sphere. Previously, players can stack their Linken's Sphere shield to an ally. This causes the ally to be able to dodge multiple spells at once. However, this new update removes the function. Linken's Sphere can now only be applied one at a time and if you try to stack it, the buff will refresh instead of stack.
There are a bunch of minor tweaks for neutral items, and most of them are little nerfs here and there. Check the Buff and Nerf list below!
Lance of Pursuit
Seeds of Serenity
Ring of Aquila
Ogre Seal Totem
Book of Shadows
Book of the Dead
Hero changes in Patch 7.34
A lot of Dota 2 heroes receive tweaks in this new update and some of them change the hero entirely. Here's a quick look at heroes that got their abilities reworked, Aghanim's Scepter and Shard reworked, as well as those that underwent massive tweaks.
Invoker is now a Universal hero, Grimstroke is massively buffed and Naga Siren suffered -1 armor. Pretty big deal!
Check more below for heroes that undergone ability reworks and Aghanim's Scepter and Shard changes.
Patch 7.34: Heroes with ability reworks
- Beastmaster: Call of the Wild Hawk [Beastmaster summons a Hawk that circles around him and dives onto an enemy within 500 range, dealing 60/90/120/150 damage and rooting them for 1s. Hawk cannot be controlled, prioritizes heroes and is killed upon Beastmaster's death.]
- Dark Willow: Bedlam [Is now a 900 range ally targeted ability (can target self). If cast on an ally, Jex travels to the ally at 1800 speed and spins around them for the duration of the effect]
- Centaur Warrunner: Hoof Stomp [Now winds up for 0.5s before the stomp. Centaur Warrunner can move during this time but can't attack. Casting other abilities, using items or issuing either "Hold Position" or "Cancel Current Action" commands will cancel the cast]
- Doom: Doom [Now no longer applies Mute. Now makes the target unable to heal.]
- Enigma: Demonic Conversion [No longer cast on units. Now a no-target ability that summons 3 Eidolons 100 units left/right/behind Enigma and has a health cost in addition to mana cost.]
- Lion: Mana Drain [No longer has a mana cost and can now target allies without the level 15 talent. Grants bonus movement speed when used on allies and no longer drains mana from Lion when the allied target is at full mana.]
- Marci: Sidekick [Buff is now permanent for Marci and her ally, dispellable only upon death or buffing another ally. Marci's lifesteal now also heals her ally and the ally's lifesteal heals Marci. If Marci and her ally are further apart from each other than 2500 units, Marci receives 50% of the bonus while her ally receives no bonus from the buff until they get closer again]
- Outworld Destroyer: Sanity's Eclipse [Now applies a Mana Allergy debuff to enemies for 7s, causing them to take damage every time they cast a spell equal to the mana cost of that spell. Outworld Destroyer is healed by 150% of mana spent by enemies. Also affects items.]
- Pangolier: Lucky Shot [No longer disarms but adds attack speed reduction to its targets]
- Phantom Assassin: Coup De Grace [20% chance of gaining Deadly Focus buff with each attack. While Phantom Assassin is focused, her next attack will deal a guaranteed critical hit with 200/325/450% damage and consume the buff. Stifling Dagger has a 40% chance to gain Deadly Focus. The hit that lands a guaranteed crit may also activate a Deadly Focus buff, making consecutive crits possible. Deadly Focus Duration: 6s]
- Sniper: Assassinate [Is refreshed whenever Sniper kills an enemy hero, this includes all kills by Sniper]
- Spectre: Haunt [Haunt is now an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade. Spectre's ultimate is replaced by Shadow Step but it also no longer lands Spectral Dagger on its target.]
- Terrorblade: Demon Zeal [No longer dispels. Bonus Attack Speed and Movement Speed increased from 65 to 100 and this creates an aura that gives Demon Zeal to his illusions in 1200 range]
- Warlock: Fatal Bonds [Units that die while affected by Fatal Bonds now spawn an imp (non-controllable) that lasts for 15 seconds. Imps' stats improve with each level of Fatal Bonds. Upon reaching a target or dying, imps explode, dealing damage to all enemies in a 400 radius.]
Patch 7.34: Heroes with Aghanim's Scepter or Shard reworks
- Anti-Mage Shard upgrade: Counterspell and Counterspell Ally [Now creates an illusion of Anti-Mage next to an enemy caster upon reflecting their spell. Illusion deals 75% damage, takes 100% damage and has a duration of 4 seconds. For the Counterspell Ally, it creates a Counterspell shell around the targeted ally within 600 range. This shell similarly creates an illusion of Anti-Mage upon reflecting an enemy spell.]
- Bounty Hunter Shard upgrade: New ability granted called the Friendly Shadow. [Applies Shadow Walk and all of its bonuses to the target ally. Fade time: 1s. Casting this ability does not break invisibility or interrupt the target]
- Bristleback Shard upgrade: Bristleback [Allows Bristleback to be point-targeted. Bristleback turns his back towards the targeted direction and after 0.5s forcefully ejects 6 sequential Quill Sprays in a tight conical pattern out of his back at 0.35s intervals. Bristleback is slowed down by 40% for the duration, disarmed and cannot turn but can still cast his spells in any direction.]
- Centaur Warrunner Scepter upgrade: Work Horse [Centaur Warrunner deploys and pulls a cart for 8s, gaining the Stampede buff for the first 3.5/4/4.5s (depending on the level of Stampede). While active, the Work Horse ability is replaced with the Hitch a Ride sub-ability that can be activated with previous effect. The Work Horse goes on cooldown once the cart disappears.]
- Crystal Maiden Scepter and Shard change: Previous Shard upgrade moved to Scepter. New ability granted for consuming Shard called Crystal Clone. [Crystal Maiden slides backwards 275 units, creating a crystal clone of herself in her place. Whenever the clone times out after 5 seconds or is destroyed, the current level of Frostbite is applied on all enemies within 300 radius. The clone is untargetable, but can be damaged with AoE effects.]
- Doom Shard upgrade: Scorched Earth [Heals Doom and controlled units for 60% of the damage values]
- Enchantress Scepter and Shard change: [Sproink is now a Shard upgrade while Little Friends gain a root buff and can be gained by purchasing Scepter.]
- Jakiro Scepter tweak: Macropyre [No longer expands by distance but by width and also adds two walls of ice on the edges of Macropyre to slow down enemies that pass.]
- Lone Druid Scepter and Shard change: Summon Spirit Bear [Aghanim's Scepter allows Spirit Bear to attack at any range from Lone Druid, and to survive if Lone Druid dies. Aghanim's Shard grants an active ability Fetch. Spirit Bear roots the targeted unit or rune and uncontrollably drags them towards the Lone Druid for 2.25s. ]
- Luna Shard upgrade: Moon Glaives [When activated, creates 4 Moon Glaives that rotate around Luna in a 150 radius for 6 seconds, reducing any damage she takes by 20%. If the glaive collides with an enemy unit, it deals 75% of Luna's attack damage once per its revolution.]
- Mars Scepter upgrade: Bulwark [Aghanim's Scepter soldiers are now placed in a wall formation with 2 of them on either side of Mars. Soldiers attack only enemies in front of them in 275 range and knock back any enemy they hit. The enemies are pushed to the 325 range from the formation.]
- Mophling Shard upgrade: Morph [Adds an alternative cast to Morph. When enabled, Morphling creates beside himself a strong illusion of the target hero that can cast all of the hero's basic abilities and deals 100% of the target's damage but takes 300% damage. If the illusion is alive when Morphling toggles Morph, he teleports to the illusion and destroys it before turning into the enemy hero.]
- Necrophos Shard upgrade: HeartStopper Aura [Health Decay is increased by 60% of Necrophos's current health regeneration]
- Razor Shard upgrade: Static Link [Increases cast range by 150 and adds alternative cast to Static Link. When toggled on, it pulls Razor and his linked target toward each other at a rate of 100 units/s while the link is active. The pull stops if the distance is less than 175 units from Razor. Does not affect debuff immune enemies]
- Troll Warlord Shard upgrade: Fervor [Increases max Fervor stacks by 4 and grants Troll 20% + 3% chance per Fervor stack to fire an additional ranged attack to any unit within the ranged attack range plus 175]
- Warlock Shard upgrade: Upheavel [With Aghanim's Shard now summons imps from the current level of Fatal Bonds, sharing the same stats and changes]
- Weaver Shard upgrade: Shukuchi [Now procs Geminate Attack 0.2s after exiting the Shukuchi invisibility and also procs an additional attack if Weaver has level 25 talent +1 Geminate Attack.]
And that's a wrap! We'll cover the new Dota 2 patch in more depth soon. You can read the full patch notes here.