Things are looking grim for OG as it’s offlaner Ceb might miss TI10 due to health issues. Liquid’s MiCKe is currently acting as a potential stand-in with a final decision yet to be made.
OG released an unfortunate announcement revealing that Sébastien "Ceb" Debs may not be able to participate in The International 10. The team obtained Team Liquid’s Michael "miCKe" Vu to be an official stand-in for OG in TI10.
MiCKe has already traveled to OG's bootcamp and started practicing together with the team. However, it remains unclear whether Ceb will end up partaking in TI10 or if the defending champions will have to play with an abrupt stand-in.
"During a very routine medical check up, I was informed by the doctor that I was undergoing a retinal detachment in my left eye, and that I was few hours away from losing sight irreversibly," said Ceb in his own personal post on Twitlonger.
"Only solution was to get emergency surgery, which I of course went through with. No matter how much we love DotA, some things will always come first. It went well, and that was the most important part."
" During a very routine medical check up, I was informed by the doctor that I was undergoing a retinal detachment in my left eye, and that I was few hours away from losing sight irreversibly"
Ceb may not play for OG at TI10; miCKe steps up as stand-in
It seems like more Dota 2 teams are facing mishaps as OG recently announced Ceb’s possible absence in TI10. According to its announcement, Ceb is not in a good condition to compete. Last week, the offlaner was diagnosed with an eye condition that could permanently damage his eye. The team flew Ceb back to France where he has undergone surgery. Fortunately, the procedure went smoothly and he is currently recovering.
OG stated that it had received the help of Team Liquid’s carry player, miCKe who will be the official stand-in for OG in TI10 should Ceb be deemed unfit to play.
We are very thankful to Micke for stepping up immediately, and for joining us in Portugal the next day to start practicing with us.
The organization expressed its gratitude towards Team Liquid who had ensured the player's loan and also to Valve who had been helpful regarding the situation.
OG stated that the team is still deciding on who they will play with. They are currently waiting for the doctor's verdict and confirm whether or not Ceb is of favorable health to compete.
Players' health and well-being is vital to us and we will ensure that he is not in any danger before returning to work. But we know for sure that Ceb is doing everything he can to expedite his recovery and compete in TI10.
The International 10 faces a surge of issues
The news regarding Ceb’s possible absence came after a wave of complications hit several TI10 participants. Only a few days before, Team Aster announced three of its players tested positive for COVID-19, which later the whole team was confirmed to be infected. Then, Invictus Gaming revealed that its offlaner is also unwell due to the COVID-19 virus.
These issues arose less than a week before The International 10 kicks off. We are yet to see what unfolds following these consecutive problems and if any big changes will happen in TI10. We wish for everyone partaking in the event to stay safe and hopefully, good news comes about.