A new CSGO tournament circuit is in the works. Is it competition enough to ESL and FLASHPOINT?
FunSpark, Elisa and Relog Media have announced a new global CS:GO tournament circuit tour for 2021-22.
The Elisa Champion of Champions Tour will feature a $2.7 million prize pool. Relog Media, FunSpark, and Elisa esports have come together to create the new tournament circuit.
The Elisa Champion of Champions Tour
The new circuit will also have a points system to rate teams across the events. GRID esports will manage the data. Each tournament organizer will continue to fund their individual prize pools. But the three organizers’ events will now be part of a singular tournament circuit.
With the extended tournament structure co-operated with Relog Media and Funspark, we wanted to provide a new way for European top teams to better their rankings and compete, even if they are not official partners with the largest commercial leagues. Our tour will attract an extraordinary combination of interesting teams in the world, which has been a long-awaited element by our viewers and fans across the Nordics and Europe. For our viewers, we wanted to tell that we have listened, and acted accordinglyTeemu Koski, Head of Elisa Esports.
All Masters event from each organizers’ event will lead up to a new flagship CS:GO event: “Champion of Champions” event. The content of the Invitationals, Masters and Champion of Champions will stream live on the organizer’s Twitch channels.
What is Elisa’s CS:GO tournament schedule?
Throughout 2020, we have put a significant effort in order to truly understand what our viewers and fans would love to see us deliver, both in terms of the content for the viewers and the professional opportunities for Finnish and Nordic esports teams. Partnering up with GRID, Relog Media and Funspark proves that we’re on the right track, and we will continue to work hard in order to serve the people who love esportsPasi Lindqvist, Senior Business Designer from Elisa.
The official announcement also lists out organizer’s schedule for the upcoming months. There will be four Elisa Invitational tournaments leading up to the Masters event.
- Elisa Invitational Spring 2021 ($100,000 total prize money).
- Elisa Invitational Summer 2021 ($100,000 total prize money).
- The Elisa Invitational Fall 2021 ($100,000 total prize money).
- Elisa Invitational Winter 2021 ($100,000 total prize money).
- The Elisa Masters 2022 ($250,000 total prize money).
Elisa Champion of Champions Tour in a nutshell:
- Qualification Stages (2021-2022)
- Home Sweet Home tournaments ($1,200,000 total prize money)
- Elisa Invitational tournaments ($400,000 total prize money)
- Funspark tournaments ($330,000 total prize money)
- LAN Stages (2022)
- LAN Sweet LAN Masters tournament ($250,000 total prize money)
- Elisa Masters tournament ($250,000 total prize money)
- Funspark ULTI Grand Finals ($300,000 total prize money)
- Online Qualification Stages, where teams collect points
- Offline LAN Stages, where teams collect points
- Elisa Champion of Champions tournament in 2022, where teams with the most points will battle for the title of the Champion of Champions
- 2.7 million USD Prize Pool across a handful of tournaments in 2021-2022