Here is everything you need to know about the CS:GO ESL Pro League Season 18 happening later this year.
As Season 17 of the ESL Pro League for CS:GO comes to an end, fans are already excited for Season 18. Faze may be the crowned winners of the previous season, but a whole new playing field is ahead for the teams competing; making it possible for anyone to win.
Here is everything you need to know about the CS:GO ESL Pro League Season 18, including a start date, location and more.
CS:GO ESL Pro League announces Season 18 start date and location for the upcoming series
Contrary to the League's 2023 schedule announcement, Season 18 will actually have its start and end date shifted. This is to ensure the optimization of the CS:GO calendar, allowing fans to enjoy every bit of the future competition.
The season will begin on August 30 and close on October 1, lasting roughly around a month. This will prevent an overlap with the other events. The tournament series will take place in Malta.
Starting with Season 18, the ESL Pro League Conference Stage will be no more.
Here is a list of the slot distribution for Season 18:
- 15 Louvre Partner Teams (Astralis, BIG, Complexity, ENCE, Evil Geniuses, FaZe Clan, Fnatic, FURIA, G2 Esports, Heroic, MOUZ, Natus Vincere, Ninjas in Pyjamas, Team Liquid, and Team Vitality).
- Three teams qualifying via their ESL World Ranking (the cut-off date is on June 12).
- Two teams qualifying through winning an ESL Challenger competition (Melbourne and Hannover).
- Six teams qualifying through winning a regional ECL season (EU S44 & S45; NA S44 & S45; Asia S44 & S45).
- Two teams qualifying through the ESL National Championships in the BR region (one team) and in the ANZ region (one team).
- Two teams qualifying amongst all of the European ESL National Championship winners, who will be pitted against each other on July 13-16.
- Two teams qualifying via regional EPL Qualifiers (ANZ & SA).
Some of the biggest names are partnering with the League, such as FaZe, Complexity and more. The action is already expected to be more intense than last season.