Overpass and Vertigo join the CS2 Map list.
If you are seeing the Counter-Strike 2 Twitter constantly active with regular updates and patches, and wondering why, you are not alone. Valve developers are hard at work fixing bugs and slowly but surely adding new features to the game as well. The latest CS2 Beta update adds a new map, fixes multiple bugs, and adds a new game mode to CS2.
CS2 beta July 17 patch notes
Here are the CS2 beta July 17 patch notes:
- Added Wingman game mode in latest CS2 update
- The latest CS2 update brings Overpass to Deathmatch, Casual, Wingman, and Competitive game modes
- Added Vertigo to Deathmatch and Casual game modes
- Removed Nuke and Office
- Enabled undo/redo buttons
- Various bug fixes
- Added the "Secondary Fire Hold" option to the input settings menu
- The halftime countdown timer is now visible
- Fixed a case where the camera would not interpolate correctly when switching between chase and roaming spectator modes.
- Fixed a case where the viewmodel weapon would disappear for one frame when switching in-eye spectator targets.
- Added leading zeroes on StatTrak module
- Glove patterns and wear now more closely align with CS:GO versions
- Various improvements to foil stickers
- Various adjustments to the size of stickers applied to weapons
What’s new in the latest Update?
New CS2 Game mode (Wingman)
It's a new game mode for CS2, but CS:GO fans will be more familiar with the Wingman Game mode. This game mode only features two players on each team. The maps are also significantly smaller to compensate for the smaller maps. With only one bombsite, despite the smaller teams, the game mode is action-packed.
With the BLAST Paris Major, the final CS:GO Major, over and crowning Team Vitality as the champions, all eyes are on the Valve dev team’s CS2 release. Slated for Summer 2023, the new game has improved graphics, responsive smokes and significantly improved performances across the board.
But in an effort to bridge the link between CS:GO and Counter-Strike 2, Valve will need to port several existing maps to the new game. Most of the original maps are already present in the new game, however, Valve is now shipping the newer maps as well.
With the July 17 CS2 update, Valve has shipped Overpass and Vertigo to Counter-Strike 2. Overpass was one of the few maps included in the original Counter-Strike 2 trailer to display the impact of responsive smokes. While Overpass is available across several game modes, Vertigo is, for now, available only on Deathmatch and Casual game modes. We can be assured that players will find different angles and playstyles to bring about drastic shifts in the CS2 meta.