Tekken 8’s Super Ghost Battle allows you to fight versus AI ghosts of yourself and other players to perfect your skills. Here’s how to unlock it.
The Tekken 8 Super Ghost Battle is a new take on practice, which capitalises on modern improvements in technology. Ghost modes are not new to the Tekken franchise, and did feature in Tekken 6 and 7, but the Tekken 8 version takes it to a new level which will both frighten and amaze you.
What is Super Ghost Battle in Tekken 8?
Super Ghost Battle is an ingenious training mode in Tekken 8 that allows you to fight against Ghosts, characters created based on AI learning of your own habits as a player. The ghosts will mimic your playstyle and learn over time from you fighting them or from your matches online. You can also fight CPU Ghosts in Super Ghost Battle or Ghosts you downloaded of other players.
CPU Ghosts with treasure icons next to their name will unlock rewards when defeated. In Fight Lounge you can also play against fellow players' ghosts, simply by talking to them and challenging them to a battle. So, if you have a friend who just keeps on beating you, get a hold of that Ghost and discover their weaknesses. They'll appreciate having more of a challenge next time around.
How to Unlock Super Ghost Battle?
To unlock Super Ghost Battle as a stand-alone mode in the Main Menu, you must visit the Final Round Arcade in the Arcade Quest mode and complete the first event by winning the 16-player CPU tournament.
- Open the Arcade Quest Mode
- Create/Select your Avatar
- Complete the events in the first Arcade in Gong
- Enter the tournament and win (3 wins required)
To do this will take you roughly 20-30 minutes if you skip all the tutorials. By the end you should have gone from Beginner to Strategist rank.
Types of Ghosts
There are currently three types of ghosts you can face:
- Your own Ghost: These are characters created using AI learning from your own matches.
- Downloaded Ghosts: These are ghosts you downloaded of other players. These could be friends, high ranked players or even pros.
- CPU Ghosts: Pre-generated CPU characters of different ranks ranging from Warrior (lowest) to Bushin (highest) However there are higher Tekken 8 ranks.
How to challenge other players Ghosts?
If you want to get your hands on Ghosts of other players it's pretty simple to do.
- Join the Tekken Fight Lounge (you'll need to be Online)
- Walk up to a nearby player Avatar and select X (Playstation) or A (XBOX)
- Select "Ghost Match" from the options
- Choose from the available Ghost characters that player has
Why is it helpful? What is the mode for
Super Ghost Mode is helpful in practising against a certain character you're struggling with without having to tank your online rank. Furthermore, it's an eye-opener when you play against an AI based on your play, as you will spot silly habits and learn to expand your move set to come out on top. It's also a lot more engaging than whacking a dummy in Practice Mode.