Everything you need to know about appearing offline on Xbox.
Xbox games are best enjoyed with friends and family, but sometimes you just want to enjoy the solitude of playing alone. And it is easier to appear offline than to explain why you are not playing with them to your friends. Here’s how to appear offline on Xbox.
How to Appear Offline on Xbox?
You can appear offline on Xbox which will allow you to play your favorite games without having to party with friends. It’s a better way than having to refuse their invites, which might (let’s be honest), lower your ranks.
- Go to the Xbox Home Page (Press Xbox button)
- Click on Profile and System
- Choose your gamertag
- Select the dropdown menu for online appearance (near the bottom of the page)
- The three options are usually - Appear online, Appear Offline or Do Not Disturb
- Choose Appear Offline
Doing this will ensure that you remain offline to all users on your Xbox. Appearing offline on the Xbox is different to setting Xbox to offline. Appearing offline allows you to play multiplayer, while going offline on Xbox will mean you cannot access multiplayer.
How to Appear Offline to everyone but your friends
However, in some instances, you wish to appear offline to everyone but your friends. You can tweak your privacy settings.
- Press the Xbox Button
- Go to Profile & System
- Then click on Settings
- Select Account
- Go to Privacy and Online Safety
- Click on Xbox Privacy
- The next step is to go to View Details and Customize
- Select Online Status and History
- Choose from the following options
- Others can see if you’re online
- Can see what you’re watching or listening to
- Others can see your game and App History
These steps help you to hide your privacy from everyone. And then you can enjoy your Xbox without having to worry about not playing together with friends or random invites.