How to fix Street Fighter 6 not downloading on Steam
If you’ve got an issue with the Street Fighter 6 Beta not downloading, we’ve got a handy fix for you: Read on to find out more!
It’s the most annoying thing: You’re settling in for the Street Fighter 6 Beta weekend, ready to explore the intricacies of the Drive System, or chill with the SF6 character creator when disaster strikes — the game won’t download on Steam!
It’s a super annoying bug affecting many players, but luckily there are a few fixes. So stick with us to figure out how to fix the Street Fighter 6 Beta not downloading on Steam bug.
Fixing the Street Fighter 6 not downloading on Steam bug
There are a few solutions to solving this annoying bug. One major cause of the bug relates to participating in any of the previous closed betas or open betas for SF6. If you previously took part in either closed Beta One, closed Beta Two, or the Open Beta you’ll find that the Steam ID could potentially occupy the same folder/space on your hard drive.
As a result, follow the following steps:
- Fully remove and uninstall any previous Beta from your Steam Library. This can be done by right-clicking the game in your Steam Library, scrolling to the Manage option, and selecting Uninstall.
- Alternatively, navigate to your Steam Library folder in your file explorer. Access the SteamLibrary > steamapps > common address and find the folder titled Street Fighter 6 Open Beta or simply Street Fighter 6 Beta. Manually delete this folder.
- Download and reinstall Street Fighter 6.
The Street Fighter 6 has a known issue with downloading the client on Steam, and Capcom has addressed this in a tweet on the official Street Fighter 6 Twitter account:
As a result, the issue may only be fixable on Capcom’s side, especially if the above fix didn’t solve the problem. Alternatively, we have some methods and tricks to help you:
- Create a new Steam Library folder on a separate hard drive or a different partition on your disk. Install SF6 there.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Steam Client. This will not remove the games you have installed but may fix any issues you have.
- Check your internet connection and any firewalls! The issue may be something related to your connection rather than a software or hardware issue.
- Make sure you have enough disk space! SF6 isn’t a small game, and sometimes Steam isn’t the best at warning you if it won’t save, especially if you’ve already downloaded the game before.
- Finally, double check you actually own it and not a beta or Demo! Contact Steam support if you think this is an error.
Hopefully, these methods will solve your issues, and you can get back to brawling and mayhem soon!
For more Street Fighter 6 news and guides, keep those peepers locked on esports.gg