Acheron is an upcoming 5-star Lightning playable character coming to Honkai Star Rail. Here’s what we know so far about the Galaxy Ranger.
A new Honkai Star Rail character was leaked and later teased by the developers, here's everything we know about Acheron.
Acheron was first confirmed during the The Game Awards 2023 in a post-trailer credit for Honkai Star Rail on Dec 8.
Who is Acheron In Honkai Star Rail?
Acheron is an upcoming playable 5-star Lightning character on the Path of Nihility who is expected to be released in version 2.1.
Acheron appears at the start of the new Penacony storyline which MiHoYo confirmed will run from version 2.0 to 2.3.
Through a dream sequence we learn that Acheron has been invited to Penacony by The Family, the rules of the planet. Acheron shares that she is a Galaxy Ranger, responsible for wandering marshal delivering justice.
Acheron is not forthcoming with more information about herself, but through the story we learn something is clearly amiss with her. She hints at issues with her memory, perhaps the doing of diviner Black Swan?
When will Acheron be released in Honkai Star Rail?
Acheron is expected to be released during version 2.1 which comes out on March 20, 2024.
Acheron Kit in Honkai Star Rail (leaks)
Acheron's kit was leaked by stepleaker on September 24, along with artwork which matches the look Acheron in the official reveal during TGA 2023. A second leak was published on January 8 on Reddit by u/Phinoz. Be aware that leaks should be taken with a grain of salt and sometimes characters change during development.
The two leaks at first glance look completely different but there is a running theme that Acheron will place a stackable debuff on her targets. In addition Acheron will only unlock her ultimate when a certain number of Flowers are placed in battle (Leak #1) or debuff Curses have stacked (Leak #2)
Acheron leaked abilities: (unconfirmed)
Leak #1 by u/Phinoz on Reddit
The most recent leak has Acheron's abilities revolve around "Flowers" instead of Curses like the leak in September last year.
- Basic Attack: Performs a single target attack against an enemy. The target of this attack receives 1 Flower. .
- Talent: Acheron starts with 0 flowers. She does not use energy and cannot receive energy. Her actions apply flowers to enemies until a total of 9 are on the field. When an enemy dies, their remaining flowers are transferred to the enemy with the most flowers. At max flowers, she gains the ability to ult.
- Skill: Performs a blast attack against the enemies. The primary target of this attack receives 2 Flowers.
- Ultimate: Acheron reduces the DMG RES of all enemies during the duration of the ult. All attacks performed during Acheron's ultimate will ignore Weakness Types. Acheron performs 4 distinct actions in quick succession:
- Action 1: Perform a 2-hit attack against the enemy with the most flowers, reducing their flower count by 3. Perform an AoE attack with the damage ratio scaled based on the number of flowers that were reduced.
- Action 2: Perform a 3-hit attack against the enemy with the most flowers, reducing their flower count by 3. Perform an AoE attack with the damage ratio scaled based on the number of flowers that were reduced.
- Action 3: Perform 1-hit attack against the enemy with the most flowers, reducing their flower count by 3. Perform an AoE attack with the damage ratio scaled based on the number of flowers that were reduced.
- Action 4: Perform 2-hit AoE attack against all enemies.
- Technique: Upon entering combat, Acheron generates X flowers applied to the highest-ranking enemy.
Leak #2 by Stepleaker on September 24
- Basic Attack: Deals Lighting DMG equivalent to a % of Acheron's Attack to a single target
- Skill: Lighting DMG equivalent to a % of Acheron's ATK, deals 2 DMG instances.
- Talent: At the beginning of battle apply 2 stacks of Curse to all enemy targets, increasing DMG dealt by allies to those targets. Every Acheron attack adds 1 stack of Curse. When a target has three stacks of Curse, remove one stack and deal additional Lightning DMG to all enemy targets based on Acheron's Attack.
- Ultimate: : For every enemy target with debuffs, Acheron obtain stacks of [unknown], which can be triggered per action per unit. [unknown] can stack up to X stacks, and when [unknown] is greater than or equal to Y, you can activate her Ultimate.
When casting an Ultimate, you can choose to designate an enemy unit to deal Lightning DMG equivalent to ?% of Acheron’s ATK the amount of DMG instances dealt are increased based on the attacks of [unknown] consumed, up to a maximum of 5 times. After using Ultimate, perform a follow-up attack with a knife, and deal Lightning DMG equivalent to Acheron’s ATK to the enemy target. [unknown] cannot be contained during Ultimate’s cast.
The English voice actor for Acheron in English is Allegra Clark, who is also the voice of Beidou in Genshin Impact. The Japanese voice actor for Acheron is Miyuki Sawashiro, who interestingly voiced both Raiden Mei in Honkai Impact 3rd and Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact, two characters that Acheron has been compared to.