Here is how to find Obsidian in LEGO Fortnite!
Obsidian is a crucial resource in LEGO Fortnite. Like many other mineable materials, players can use Obsidian to craft various items to improve their game experience. However, it can be tricky to locate and mine Obsidian if you don't have the proper tools and healing items. This guide explains how to get Obsidian in LEGO Fortnite while adding helpful tips.
How to get Obsidian in LEGO Fortnite
To find Obsidian, you must head to a desert biome, which you will find on your map with a yellow/brown landscape, indicating sand. Once there, your next step is to locate and enter one of the various caves. You will find Obsidian as the darkest color rock.
Now that you know where to find Obsidian in LEGO Fortnite, having the proper Pickaxe and other items is imperative to ensure you will enter and exit the cave safely. You must have an Uncommon Pickaxe (made with Knotrood Rod and Bone) to properly mine Obisidian.
Before getting to the tips and tricks, let’s recap the steps to locate a cave in the desert biome:
- Search the map for a discovered area with a yellow and brown landscape.
- Once there, navigate the area and look for caves to enter.
- Beware of the various Skeleton enemies, especially the ones that throw dynamite.
- Check the walls and ceiling of the cave for dark-colored material, known as Obsidian.
Tips and tricks to mine Obsidian and survive the desert biome
The desert biome, particularly caves, can be intimidating for those beginning LEGO Fortnite. However, you must venture into this area to progress through the game.
Here are some tips worth considering before heading into the desert to look for Obsidian in LEGO Fortnite:
- Craft and bring one or multiple Longswords (requires 5x Knotroot each)
- Bring food items to keep you cool, such as Snowberries and Snowberry Shakes
- Craft a Cool-Headed Charm using three Silk Thread, three Sand Shells, and one Marble)
- Bring a villager along for the journey, as they will help you battle Skeletons
Those tips should help you survive the harsh desert landscape.