Fortnite’s Reality Augments are a new feature in Chapter 4. Here’s a complete breakdown of this system and how to use it.
Fortnite Chapter 4 is here, and Epic Games again delivered a fresh experience to keep the game feeling fresh. There are new weapons to try and locations to explore, but one mechanic Epic added to Fortnite has players enamored. They are called Reality Augments, and the system has given Fortnite's gameplay a rejuvenation.
Throughout each Battle Royale match, Reality Augments become available to all players. This mechanic grants you a bonus during the game that you must select and activate when prompted. It's a unique addition; we are here to analyze Reality Augments from top to bottom.
What are Fortnite Reality Augments? The new "perk" system explained
This new mechanic functions similarly to a perk system in other games. Each time you load into a match, you'll receive Reality Augments at specific intervals. These Reality Augments pop up on your in-game HUD, offering two options to enhance your experience.
One of the two options might be a faster reload with light ammo. The other gives you a Mechanical Explosive Bow and Shockwave Bow. The prompts appear throughout your match, and each selection is different. If you don't like either perk, Fortnite's Reality Augment system allows you to re-roll the options.
You receive up to four Reality Augments throughout each match, depending on how long you survive.
How to use Fortnite's new perk system
To activate an Augment, navigate to the option selection screen, either press right on your controller D-pad or "7" on your keyboard by default. Then, choose which Augment you'd like to activate, and press the corresponding key or button.
Here is a list that shows you all of the Reality Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 per HYPEX:
All Reality Augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1
There are 22 Reality Augments currently in-game, and we can expect more throughout Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1.
- Light Fingers – Makes your weapons using Light Ammo reload faster.
- Mechanical Archer – Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Blow & Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- Aerialist – Grants you Glider redeploy for the rest of the match.
- Supercharged – Your vehicles won't consume fuel and they'll have increased Health.
- Soaring Sprints – While sprinting, you'll be able to jump much higher and jump with lower gravity.
- More Parkour – Your energy regenerates briefly after mantling or hurdling.
- First Assault – The first bullet in the magazine of your assault rifle deals bonus damage.
- Rifle Recycle – Weapons using medium ammo have a chance not to consume ammo.
- Bloodhouse – Enemies hit by your marksman rifle or bow shots are marked for a brief duration.
- Jelly Angler – Receive a fishing rod. You can use it to fish anywhere, but you can only fish up Jellyfish.
- Bow Specialist – Bows draw and reload faster, and you regenerate arrows over time.
- Bush Warrior – You regenerate health and partial shields while inside large foliage.
- Chug Gunner – Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Splash Medic – You have a chance to find Chug Splash in every container you open.
- Demolitions Munitions – Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives. Excludes player-build structures.
- Tactical Armory – Grant a Rare Tactical AR and Combat Shotgun.
- Party Time – Gain balloons over time.
- Pistol Amp – Pistols have greatly increased magazine size.
- Soaring Sprints – Jump much higher and with lower gravity while sprinting.
- Storm Mark – When the storm changes, ping the area to highlight nearby enemies for a short duration.
- Forecast – You can always see the next storm circle.
- Tricked Out – Entering a car or truck applies chonkers and a cow catcher to it.
Full list last updated on December 5th.