Everything you need to know about the transmog system in Diablo 4
Transmog, or transmogrification in Diablo 4 allows players to alter the appearance of their items to look like the items they have salvaged. In Diablo 4, the transmog system works slightly differently from previous iterations in the Diablo franchise. So for every player that spent millions of in-game coins changing their looks and item colors, you might want to sit down for this one. The transmog system in Diablo 4 does not cost the players a penny.
Where do I go to transmog my items in Diablo 4?
Diablo 4's transmog location is no longer its own vendor. Instead, it is located in the player's wardrobe in one of the many settlements. In previous versions of Diablo, players would have to visit the transmog vendor in order to change the appearance of their items. Players will have the option to transmog their items once they have salvaged an item from the Blacksmith. We have a guide on how to salvage items here.
Using Kyovashad as an example, here is where the player's wardrobe is located in this settlement.
How do I transmog an item in Diablo 4?
Changing the appearance of an item is very simple in Diablo 4. The first step required is to gain an item's transmog through salvaging via the Blacksmith. Bare in mind not every item is available in the transmog system, when salvaging an item it will say "Unlocks new look on salvage" Here is how you can gain an items look through salvaging:
- Head on over to the Blacksmith in a settlement that has a Blacksmith vendor
- Interact with the vendor, which will then open up the salvage tab
- Click on the pickaxe to start the salvaging process
- Hover over the item and left-click to salvage
Now that you have unlocked a new appearance, head on over to your wardrobe to begin the transmog.
Once you have accessed the wardrobe, players will have five different items that they can alter the appearance of Helm, Tunic, Handwraps, Pants, and Boots along with another tab for weapons. At the top of the wardrobe, players have the option to purchase five slots so they can store their favorite looks without having to change multiple items each time.
Here is how you can use the transmog system on an item:
- Select the item type you want to change
- Below that is the variant tab, this is where you can select from the items you salvaged earlier - players can also select the unequipped look for certain items like the Helm
- Select the pigment (color option) to give your item some extra swag - players can hold the left-click button to apply the pigment to all items