An easy-to-understand guide on how Vampiric Powers work in Diablo 4.
Diablo 4 Season 2, also known as Diablo 4 Season of Blood, will feature the use of new powers. Read on for our guide on how Vampiric Powers work and a list of all Vampiric Powers in Diablo 4.
How do Diablo 4 Vampiric Powers work?
To get Vampiric Powers in Diablo 4, players must first slay enemies and obtain some Potent Blood. This Potent Blood can then be spent in the Vampiric Powers tab. Players use Potent Blood to unlock either a random power or power upgrade.
Next, players must collect the right Pact Armor. The different types of Pact Armor include Ferocity, Divinity, and Eternity. The Pact Armor and the amount of it must match up with the desired Vampiric Powers.
As an example, let's say a player has a pair of Shattered Runic Gloves that feature one Ferocity, one Divinity, and one Eternity Pact. If a Vampiric Power calls for one Ferocity Pact, then the Shattered Runic Gloves cover this requirement. Meanwhile, one Divinity Pact and one Eternity Pact are left over. These can be used to activate another Vampiric Power that requires one Divinity Pact and/or one Eternity Pact.
- Obtain Potent Blood by eliminating foes
- Spend Potent Blood to unlock powers or power upgrades
- Collect Pact Armor through the Blood Harvest seasonal event
- Match the Pact Armor with the Vampiric Powers
- Use Standalone Pacts and Cleansing Acids to edit your Pact Armor items
Standalone Pacts add a chosen type of Pact Armor to an item. Meanwhile, Cleansing Acids remove Pact Armor from an item.
Diablo 4 Vampiric Powers list
Here is the list of minor Vampiric Powers that require one to three Armor Pacts:
- Anticipation (1 Divinity): Your Ultimate Skills gain 20% Cooldown Reduction. Your Ultimate Skills gain 12% increased damage for each nearby enemy affected by your Damage Over Time effects.
- Coven’s Fangs (2 Divinity): Your Conjuration, Companion, Minion, and Bat Familiar attacks deal 52% increased damage to Crowd Controlled enemies. Lucky Hit: Your Conjuration, Companion, Minion, and Bat Familiar have up to a 30% chance to inflict Vampiric Curse when hitting enemies.
- Domination (1 Ferocity): You deal 24% increased damage to enemies who are Stunned, Immobilized, Frozen, or Feared. If they're also Injured and not an Elite, they're instantly killed.
- Feed the Coven (1 Eternity): Lucky Hit: Conjuration, Companion, Minion and Bat Familiar attacks have up to a 60% chance to restore 10 Primary Resource to you and increase your Damage by 10% for 4 seconds.
- Hectic (3 Divinity): For every 5 Basic Skills you cast, one of your active Cooldowns is reduced by 2 seconds.
- Hemomancy (3 Eternity): Your attacks deal 80% of your Maximum Life as Physical damage to nearby enemies. This can only occur once every 4 seconds. You heal for 1% of your Maximum Life for each enemy damaged this way.
- Infection (1 Ferocity): Hitting enemies with direct damage infects them with Pox. Inflicting Pox 8 times on an enemy expunges their infection, dealing 70% Poison damage.
- Jagged Spikes (1 Ferocity, 1 Divinity): Thorns have a 10% chance to deal 300% increased damage and Chill enemies for 8%.
- Prey on the Weak (2 Ferocity): You deal 16% increased damage to Vulnerable enemies. Enemies are Vulnerable while affected by a Vampiric Curse from your other Vampiric Powers.
- Rampart (1 Divinity, 1 Eternity): After not moving for 3 seconds, you gain a Barrier for 40% of your Maximum Life for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds.
- Ravenous (3 Ferocity): Lucky Hit: Up to a 20% chance to increase your Attack Speed by 40% of your Total Movement Speed for 6 seconds.
- Resilience (2 Eternity): You gain 1% Damage Reduction for each 2% Life you are missing.
- Sanguine Brace (1 Divinity, 1 Eternity): When you kill an enemy, Fortify for 6% of your Base Life. While you have more Fortify than half of your Maximum Life, you gain 8% Critical Strike Chance.
- Terror (1 Ferocity, 1 Divinity, 1 Eternity): When struck, you have a 14% chance to Fear nearby enemies and Slow them by 80% for 2 seconds. You are guaranteed to Critically Strike enemies who are Feared.
- Undying (1 Eternity): Casting Skills heals you for 3% Life. Double this bonus while below 50% Life.
Below is the list of major Diablo 4 Vampiric Powers that require six Armor Pacts, as stated by Blizzard:
- Accursed Touch (6 Divinity): Lucky Hit: Up to a 44% chance to inflict Vampiric Curse on enemies. Enemies with the Vampiric Curse have a 15% chance to spread it to other surrounding enemies. Accursed Souls deal 200% increased damage.
- Bathe in Blood (3 Divinity, 3 Eternity): While Channeling a Skill, you form a pool of blood beneath you. While channeling a skill in a pool, your Channeled Skills deal 40% increased damage and you gain 30% Damage Reduction. A pool can only form once every 8 seconds.
- Blood Boil (6 Eternity): When your Core Skills Overpower an enemy, you spawn 3 Volatile Blood Drops. Collecting a Volatile Blood Drop causes it to explode, dealing 60% Physical damage around you. Every 20 seconds, your next Skill is guaranteed to Overpower.
- Call Familiar (3 Ferocity, 3 Divinity): Casting a Mastery, Weapon Mastery, Macabre, Wrath, or Imbuement Skill calls a bat ally to attack nearby enemies, dealing 80% Physical damage with a 30% chance to Stun.
- Flowing Veins (2 Ferocity, 2 Divinity, 2 Eternity): You deal 60% increased Damage Over Time to enemies that are moving or affected by a Vampiric Curse.
- Metamorphosis (2 Ferocity, 2 Divinity, 2 Eternity): When you Evade you turn into a cloud of bats, becoming Unstoppable for 4 seconds. Enemies along your path take 160% Physical damage and are inflicted with Vampiric Curse.
- Moonrise (6 Ferocity): Hitting an enemy with a Basic Skill grants you 4% Attack Speed for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Upon reaching maximum stacks, you enter a Vampiric Bloodrage, gaining 160% Basic Skill damage and 15% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
Some of these Vampiric Powers contain the Vampiric Curse keyword. Eliminated enemies that are affected by Vampiric Curse get their souls stored up. Eight souls in total can be held at a time. Players can then attack enemies by unleashing these souls.
That's all for now. Stay tuned on esports.gg for more news and updates.